EDIT: OWNER REVIEW - Jetboil PCS

  • Andrew Buskov
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2008
      Justin,

      Here are your edits for the JetBoil PCS. Feel free to contact me regarding
      any questions or comments you may have with my edits. Make sure to follow
      the edits below carefully and make sure that all the EDIT's are corrected.

      As usual;
      EDIT: Change Me
      Edit: Think about changing me
      Comment: Everything else

      AB

      _____
      Visit Corridor9
      http://www.corridor9.net
      ____________________________

      EDIT: Please change all Jetboil to JetBoil as this is the correct spelling.

      > Jetboil PCS (Personal Cooking System)
      EDIT: Need date of review under title.

      > Backpacking background: Have spent most of my life camping, but
      > really only
      > the past summer as a 'hardcore' backpacker. I value lightweight gear,
      > but
      > value something that does its intended job well over and above all and
      > am
      > willing to carry the extra weight for quality gear. I'm cheap, so if
      > you
      > find me paying full-price for a piece of gear you KNOW it's the best.
      > Due
      > to my size I find it hard to find gear that works for me. 99% of my
      > trips
      > are in the upper Sierras (the other 1% in the Cascades or Olympics),
      > summer
      > and winter, hitting weather from just below freezing to extremely hot.
      > also have a tendency to be rough on gear.
      EDIT: Your backpacking background is 120 words. Our limit is 100 words or
      less. Please trim a bit off and make it 100 words or less.

      > Product Information:
      >
      > Manufacturer: Jetboil, Inc.
      > Year of manufacture: 2007
      > Listed weight: 15 oz. (425 g., without fuel canister)
      > Delivered weight: 15 oz. (425 g.)
      > MSRP: $89.95 US
      EDIT: a bit more information is needed. Cup capacity, dimensions, etc.

      > Product Description:
      > The Jetboil "system" consists of an aluminum 1 liter cooking cup with
      EDIT: Need conversion for 1 Liter

      > burner nesting inside the cooking cup, thus allowing the entire system
      > takes
      > up less room in your pack than a Nalgene bottle.
      EDIT: "the entire system to take up less"

      > room to spare, something I couldn't do with my previous cook setup.
      > Further, as the neoprene sleeve has an extra amount of material sewn
      > to it's
      EDIT: Change it's to its

      > For the purposes of this review the Jetboil has been used ~20 times
      > ,primarily in the upper eastern Sierras of California, with one foray
      EDIT: space after comma before primarily

      > into
      > the southern Cascades (also in CA), with a low camp altitude of ~6000
      > ft
      > (~1820 m) and a high ~10,200 ft (3109 m). The temperatures
      EDIT: Remove all tildes "~" as they are not needed. Your numbers will
      suffice.

      > encountered have
      > ranged from a low of 30 F (-1 C)to highs in the upper 90s F (32 C).
      EDIT: Space between ")" and "to"

      > timeframe this review encompasses.
      >
      > Review:
      EDIT: Remove this subheading as you have no information under it.

      > the
      > marketing speak actually lives up to it's word, but that's exactly
      EDIT: change it's to its

      > a few
      > exceptions. The stove lights reliably* by turning the gas on, lighting
      EDIT: I see you've placed a footnote tag after reliably. Please remove this.
      Instead, I suggest you add an additional line; something to the effect of "I
      did have a problem getting the stove to light on numerous occasions using
      the piezo ignitor. Please see below for more information regarding this
      problem."

      > laugh at how quickly it was able to boil my water.
      >
      > One thing that's also nice about the Jetboil is that due to it's
      EDIT: Change it's to its

      > design it's
      > much less affected by the wind. With wind and my old canister stove
      > you
      EDIT: We tend to stay well away from the term "you". How about "users"
      instead.

      > with one exception (and thus the * above under performance). The piezo
      > igniter in the Jetboil PCS has only lit my stove ONCE in all it's uses!
      EDIT Please change it's to its

      > breaking issue for me. However, it's something to be made aware of so
      > you
      EDIT: We tend to stay well away from the term "you". How about "users"
      instead.

      > Cons:
      > -Reduced performance in cold weather/altitude (though not unique to the
      > Jetboil)
      > -Piezo igniter is useless added weight
      EDIT: This is a blanket statement. While your piezo may not function
      properly, the one on my jetboil does. I would say that you make this a bit
      more personal. How about "The Piezo ignitor seems to fail easily".