Re: Congrats Ray!

  • rayestrella1
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 9, 2008
      Thank you guys,

      It actually has become quite easy.

      Every time I buy a new piece of gear I make a folder for it in my
      Futures section of my BGT folder. I take pictures as soon as I get
      it, and set up a template of the review. Then at the end of each trip
      after I write up my trip log I add comments to the review in progress
      while it is fresh in my mind. When I decide I have enough use I pull
      one out and put the finishing touches on it. I can finish one in less
      than a couple hours. I do them on plane flights quite often. I may
      write up some trekking poles today on my flight.

      I just looked, and I have 26 possible reviews in the Futures folder
      right now. Not all of them will be written up though. If I don't like
      something I won't bother putting the time in with it. And lots of
      shoes and boots get discontinued before I can get enough use because
      of testing commitments (which take priority for my time in the
      field). So they get dumped too. But I still end up with a lot to
      contribute.

      And it helps that I like talking about gear. (I am not allowed to
      talk about girlsÂ…) ;-)

      Ray
    • Kathleen Waters
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 13, 2008
        WOW! You are sure a credit to BGT! Way to go!

        Kathy

        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "pamwyant" <pamwyant@...>