Congrats Ray!

  • pamwyant
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 8, 2008
      Congratulations on your 100th review. Quite an accomplishment.

      Pam
    • Mark McLauchlin - Swan Valley IT
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 8, 2008
        Yes Ray very well done.

        Good on you Mate!, Bonza effort!

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 9, 2008
          Thank you guys,

          It actually has become quite easy.

          Every time I buy a new piece of gear I make a folder for it in my
          Futures section of my BGT folder. I take pictures as soon as I get
          it, and set up a template of the review. Then at the end of each trip
          after I write up my trip log I add comments to the review in progress
          while it is fresh in my mind. When I decide I have enough use I pull
          one out and put the finishing touches on it. I can finish one in less
          than a couple hours. I do them on plane flights quite often. I may
          write up some trekking poles today on my flight.

          I just looked, and I have 26 possible reviews in the Futures folder
          right now. Not all of them will be written up though. If I don't like
          something I won't bother putting the time in with it. And lots of
          shoes and boots get discontinued before I can get enough use because
          of testing commitments (which take priority for my time in the
          field). So they get dumped too. But I still end up with a lot to
          contribute.

          And it helps that I like talking about gear. (I am not allowed to
          talk about girlsÂ…) ;-)

          Ray
        • Kathleen Waters
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 13, 2008
            WOW! You are sure a credit to BGT! Way to go!

            Kathy

            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "pamwyant" <pamwyant@...>