RE: [BackpackGearTest] First Post Feedback welcome.

  • Andrew Buskov
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 5, 2008
      Hi John!

      Welcome to BackpackGearTest. We're always looking for more members. Your
      report is a bit slim, but is a good start. I'd recommend you join up with
      one of our mentors as they will be able to help you learn the tactics and
      requirements for becoming a well versed BGT tester. You can email
      Mentor@... and request a mentor who will work with you
      personally on your first few OR's to make sure they meet the standards that
      BGT has setup.

      Once again... welcome to BGT and the great outdoors.

      AB

      _____
      Visit Corridor9
      http://www.corridor9.net
      ____________________________

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 9, 2008
        Welcome John,

        Thank you for an Owner Review, and for your interest in becoming a
        tester. Unfortunately, as it stands now your review is lacking in
        some areas and cannot be accepted for editing at this time. One main
        issue is an unclear statement in the review of how many nights you
        have used the bag. This is also a slightly more complex item to
        review and you just haven't quite covered all the details we need to
        see in our reviews. It is not uncommon for new writers to need a
        bit more help before their first OR is ready for the editing
        process. At this point you have two options:

        1) Mentoring Program – This program teams new reviewers with
        experienced veterans to help get them through their first review(s).
        If you'd like more assistance or guidance with the process you can
        request a mentor by sending an email to the mentor coordinator, Jenn
        K, at mentor (at) backpackgeartest.org - Please use MENTOR REQUEST
        in the subject line.

        2) Take a second look at our Owner Review requirements spelled out
        in the How to Become a Tester section of our webpage (link below).
        In addition to this material we suggest reading some recently
        approved owner reviews to get a feel for what the BGT standards are.

        Regardless of which option you take, we certainly hope you will give
        it another go. Our standards are high but that benefits us all. We
        look forward to seeing your review again in the near future.

        Edit Administration Manager

        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "john_michael_d"