Thank you Derek H - Re: OR - Coleman 2-Burner Stove - Derek

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2008

      Review Queue and will be picked up by an Edit Moderator soon. If you
      are new to BackpackGearTest.org, welcome to the community! The
      Editors will work with you, within their own time constraints, to
      manner. Do not worry if nothing happens with it for several days.
      All our Editors are volunteers and your report will be subject to an
      timeframe, please let me know directly at jdeben(at)hotmail.com

      Once your first two Owner Reviews have been approved and you have
      submitted your Tester Agreement you will be eligible to start
      applying for Tests. If you'd like more assistance or guidance with
      the process you can request a mentor by sending an email to Jenn K.,
      the mentor coordinator, at mentor (at) backpackgeartest.org.

      Moderator.

      will use APPROVED in the subject line.

      If you'd like to keep track of the progress of your OR while it's in
      the edit queue, the entire Owner Review Queue is posted to this
      yahoo group list on either Thursdays or Fridays.

      the list or contact me directly.

      Edit Administration Manager
    • André Corterier
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 8, 2008
        > EDIT/APPROVAL: OR - Coleman 2-Burner Stove - Derek

        Hi Derek - you know the drill. Please see below.

        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Derek Hansen
        <derek.hansen@...> wrote:

        > Respectfully submitted brownie point (I think this stove qualifies
        as
        > base camp gear).

        ### Comment: Yes... but this month's OR call is for water-related
        gear. ;-) I guess the powers that be may still count it.

        <snip>
        > The external propane connector which has a threaded end that
        connects
        > to the right side of the stove and a non-adjustable valve to
        connect
        > to the external propane canister (sold separately).

        ### EDIT: That sentence got mixed up somewhere. Maybe do away with
        the word "which"?

        <snip>
        > I hate to waste fuel, but I also learned my lesson by running out
        of
        > fuel by guessing the capacity of a near-depleted canister. It is
        > difficult to tell if the canister is full or empty and,
        > unfortunately, the canisters are not refillable.

        ### Comment: Between trips, you can weigh the canister. They should
        list the net weight of the content, so as long as you've taken the
        gross measurement of a full canister, you should be able to get a
        pretty accurate picture.

        ------------

        Allright - that was fast. Please take care of the above and upload at
        your earliest convenience to the proper folder here:
        http://tinyurl.com/65edvs
        Please don't forget to delete the test folder version.

        Regards,

        André
        OR Editor
      • Derek Hansen
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 8, 2008
          Thank you for the edits. I've made the changes, uploaded the page, and
          deleted the old.

          On Sep 8, 2008, at 9:06 AM, André Corterier wrote:
          > > Respectfully submitted brownie point (I think this stove qualifies
          > as base camp gear).
          >
          > ### Comment: Yes... but this month's OR call is for water-related
          > gear. ;-) I guess the powers that be may still count it.

          \me crosses fingers

          I was referring to message #76369 where Ted said, "I will also
          continue Base Camp Gear from last month."

          > ### Comment: Between trips, you can weigh the canister. They should
          > list the net weight of the content, so as long as you've taken the
          > gross measurement of a full canister, you should be able to get a
          > pretty accurate picture.

          Thanks! That is a great idea, and beats the "shake-and-guess" method I
          was employing.

          Best,

          ~derek