Re: [BackpackGearTest] Noob question - brownie points

  • Leesa J
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 4, 2008
      Yes - We keep track of Brownie Points (BP)

      Leesa

      On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 7:49 AM, guysela <guysela@...> wrote:

      > Is there anyone keeping score? :)

    • rayestrella1
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@...> wrote:

        > Yes - We keep track of Brownie Points (BP)

        Is there still an effort underway to list them on our status page?

        Once I hit 100 ORs I want to try for 100 Tests and Brownie Points for
        the Century Trifecta...

        Ray
      • Leesa J
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
          Hmmm, I never tracked them on our status page - and I don't remember Shane
          doing it. But I don't remember a lot of things...

          Leesa

          On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 5:16 PM, rayestrella1 <rayestrella@...>wrote:

          > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com<BackpackGearTest%40yahoogroups.com>,
          > "Leesa J" <leesaj@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Yes - We keep track of Brownie Points (BP)
          >
          > Is there still an effort underway to list them on our status page?
          >
          > Once I hit 100 ORs I want to try for 100 Tests and Brownie Points for
          > the Century Trifecta...
          >
          > Ray

        • rayestrella1
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@...> wrote:

            > Hmmm, I never tracked them on our status page - and I don't
            remember Shane
            > doing it. But I don't remember a lot of things...

            No it never has been, but it was talked about adding it as the DB was
            being phased out.

            I remember... ;-)

            Ray
          • Leesa J
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
              Oh - I didn't think I'd forget that, but you never know. You said 'Is there
              still an effort' which made me think there was an effort in the past...
              Anyway, no its not in the current plans. But, we do keep track and use it
              in tie breaking situations when all else is equal.

              Leesa

              On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 5:57 PM, rayestrella1 <rayestrella@...>wrote:

              > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com<BackpackGearTest%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > "Leesa J" <leesaj@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hmmm, I never tracked them on our status page - and I don't
              > remember Shane
              > > doing it. But I don't remember a lot of things...
              >
              > No it never has been, but it was talked about adding it as the DB was
              > being phased out.
              >
              > I remember... ;-)
              >
              > Ray

            • edwardripleyduggan
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
                Peakbagger! <g>

                Ted

                <rayestrella@...> wrote:

                > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Yes - We keep track of Brownie Points (BP)
                >

                > Is there still an effort underway to list them on our status page?
                >
                > Once I hit 100 ORs I want to try for 100 Tests and Brownie Points for
                > the Century Trifecta...
                >
                > Ray

              • rayestrella1
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
                  --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@...> wrote:

                  > Oh - I didn't think I'd forget that, but you never know. You
                  > said 'Is there still an effort' which made me think there was an
                  > effort in the past...

                  Yes. There was mention by Shane about it. That was in the past. Maybe
                  it was before you had Bridget under control...

                  It would be very cool to let people see how many BPs they have
                  accumulated. It may give added incentive to write, or help out more.
                  We can never have enough help, right?

                  Maybe even something like a redemption program would be cool. You
                  know, turn in (and lose forever) 10 BPs and get your choice of a
                  Secret Decoder Ring, or a guaranteed spot (Mod Spot) on a test that
                  you covet.

                  I bet that would get you some help pretty fast.

                  There was the talk about bringing in new testers for a "pass" on app
                  writing. How about adding that to the BP qualifications? A point for
                  each new tester making past their first test series? (Jason would win
                  that one…)

                  In fact the Mentor Program is the same thing. How about a point for
                  each mentee brought to a veteran tester status? That might make some
                  of the recent departed from the program to come back at a time that
                  it is wished that there were more mentors, and a larger "shove" to
                  force new writers to use the program. Incentive is a wonderful thing,
                  and as we are looking for more testers this may help folks be active
                  to find the new, good, blood.

                  Just a thought.

                  Ray

                  PS: Maybe I should take this over to BGTWeb
                • rayestrella1
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
                    --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "edwardripleyduggan" <erd@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Peakbagger! <g>

                    I wanted to think of some clever cutting reply but I realized, yes, I
                    do resemble that remark…

                    Oh wait, I am learning, <g>

                    (How was that Ralph and Pam?) ;-)

                    (Darn it. I mean <g>)

                    Ray
                  • pamwyant
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
                      <rayestrella@...> wrote:

                      > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "edwardripleyduggan" <erd@>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Peakbagger! <g>
                      >
                      > I wanted to think of some clever cutting reply but I realized, yes, I
                      > do resemble that remark…
                      >
                      > Oh wait, I am learning, <g>
                      >
                      > (How was that Ralph and Pam?) ;-)
                      >
                      > (Darn it. I mean <g>)
                      >
                      > Ray

                      Just what are you learning Ray? I thought you had the whole process
                      pretty well down pat. <g>

                      Pam
                    • rayestrella1
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
                        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "pamwyant" <pamwyant@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Just what are you learning Ray? I thought you had the whole process
                        > pretty well down pat. <g>

                        That whole <g> thing. It makes my cheeks hurt...

                        Ray
                      • Greg
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 9, 2008
                          Overachiever.

                          But wait, I thought your BP were automagically used on your next
                          application? So if that is the case, then Ray couldn't apply for
                          anything until he did 100 BP ORs or he would go back to zero! Aha!
                          Victory!

                          Greg M