Noob question - brownie points

  • guysela
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 4, 2008
      Is there anyone keeping score? :)
    • Leesa J
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 4, 2008
        Yes - We keep track of Brownie Points (BP)

        Leesa

        On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 7:49 AM, guysela <guysela@...> wrote:

        > Is there anyone keeping score? :)

      • rayestrella1
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@...> wrote:

          > Yes - We keep track of Brownie Points (BP)

          Is there still an effort underway to list them on our status page?

          Once I hit 100 ORs I want to try for 100 Tests and Brownie Points for
          the Century Trifecta...

          Ray
        • Leesa J
          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
            Hmmm, I never tracked them on our status page - and I don't remember Shane
            doing it. But I don't remember a lot of things...

            Leesa

            On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 5:16 PM, rayestrella1 <rayestrella@...>wrote:

            > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com<BackpackGearTest%40yahoogroups.com>,
            > "Leesa J" <leesaj@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Yes - We keep track of Brownie Points (BP)
            >
            > Is there still an effort underway to list them on our status page?
            >
            > Once I hit 100 ORs I want to try for 100 Tests and Brownie Points for
            > the Century Trifecta...
            >
            > Ray

          • rayestrella1
            Message 5 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
              --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@...> wrote:

              > Hmmm, I never tracked them on our status page - and I don't
              remember Shane
              > doing it. But I don't remember a lot of things...

              No it never has been, but it was talked about adding it as the DB was
              being phased out.

              I remember... ;-)

              Ray
            • Leesa J
              Message 6 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
                Oh - I didn't think I'd forget that, but you never know. You said 'Is there
                still an effort' which made me think there was an effort in the past...
                Anyway, no its not in the current plans. But, we do keep track and use it
                in tie breaking situations when all else is equal.

                Leesa

                On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 5:57 PM, rayestrella1 <rayestrella@...>wrote:

                > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com<BackpackGearTest%40yahoogroups.com>,
                > "Leesa J" <leesaj@...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hmmm, I never tracked them on our status page - and I don't
                > remember Shane
                > > doing it. But I don't remember a lot of things...
                >
                > No it never has been, but it was talked about adding it as the DB was
                > being phased out.
                >
                > I remember... ;-)
                >
                > Ray

              • edwardripleyduggan
                Message 7 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
                  Peakbagger! <g>

                  Ted

                  <rayestrella@...> wrote:

                  > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Yes - We keep track of Brownie Points (BP)
                  >

                  > Is there still an effort underway to list them on our status page?
                  >
                  > Once I hit 100 ORs I want to try for 100 Tests and Brownie Points for
                  > the Century Trifecta...
                  >
                  > Ray

                • rayestrella1
                  Message 8 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
                    --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@...> wrote:

                    > Oh - I didn't think I'd forget that, but you never know. You
                    > said 'Is there still an effort' which made me think there was an
                    > effort in the past...

                    Yes. There was mention by Shane about it. That was in the past. Maybe
                    it was before you had Bridget under control...

                    It would be very cool to let people see how many BPs they have
                    accumulated. It may give added incentive to write, or help out more.
                    We can never have enough help, right?

                    Maybe even something like a redemption program would be cool. You
                    know, turn in (and lose forever) 10 BPs and get your choice of a
                    Secret Decoder Ring, or a guaranteed spot (Mod Spot) on a test that
                    you covet.

                    I bet that would get you some help pretty fast.

                    There was the talk about bringing in new testers for a "pass" on app
                    writing. How about adding that to the BP qualifications? A point for
                    each new tester making past their first test series? (Jason would win
                    that one…)

                    In fact the Mentor Program is the same thing. How about a point for
                    each mentee brought to a veteran tester status? That might make some
                    of the recent departed from the program to come back at a time that
                    it is wished that there were more mentors, and a larger "shove" to
                    force new writers to use the program. Incentive is a wonderful thing,
                    and as we are looking for more testers this may help folks be active
                    to find the new, good, blood.

                    Just a thought.

                    Ray

                    PS: Maybe I should take this over to BGTWeb
                  • rayestrella1
                    Message 9 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
                      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "edwardripleyduggan" <erd@...>
                      wrote:

                      > Peakbagger! <g>

                      I wanted to think of some clever cutting reply but I realized, yes, I
                      do resemble that remark…

                      Oh wait, I am learning, <g>

                      (How was that Ralph and Pam?) ;-)

                      (Darn it. I mean <g>)

                      Ray
                    • pamwyant
                      Message 10 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
                        <rayestrella@...> wrote:

                        > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "edwardripleyduggan" <erd@>
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Peakbagger! <g>
                        >
                        > I wanted to think of some clever cutting reply but I realized, yes, I
                        > do resemble that remark…
                        >
                        > Oh wait, I am learning, <g>
                        >
                        > (How was that Ralph and Pam?) ;-)
                        >
                        > (Darn it. I mean <g>)
                        >
                        > Ray

                        Just what are you learning Ray? I thought you had the whole process
                        pretty well down pat. <g>

                        Pam
                      • rayestrella1
                        Message 11 of 12 , Sep 8, 2008
                          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "pamwyant" <pamwyant@...>
                          wrote:

                          > Just what are you learning Ray? I thought you had the whole process
                          > pretty well down pat. <g>

                          That whole <g> thing. It makes my cheeks hurt...

                          Ray
                        • Greg
                          Message 12 of 12 , Sep 9, 2008
                            Overachiever.

                            But wait, I thought your BP were automagically used on your next
                            application? So if that is the case, then Ray couldn't apply for
                            anything until he did 100 BP ORs or he would go back to zero! Aha!
                            Victory!

                            Greg M