OWNER REVIEW - Kelty Gunnison 2 Tent

  • johnschlafer
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 20, 2008
      Kelty Gunnison 2 Tent

      Biographical Information:

      Name: John Schlafer
      Age: 26
      Gender: Male
      Height: 6'3"
      Weight: 210lbs
      Email Address: John[dot]Schlafer[at]gmail[dot]com
      Location: Indianapolis, IN USA
      Date: August 19, 2008
      Backpacking Background: I am new to backpacking. I do a long day hike
      every month or so. I've done two three-day two-night trips, and I
      backpacked 200 miles of the AT in the spring of '08. I like to hike
      light, but I have a small gear budget. So I try to go for a nice balance
      of light and inexpensive.

      Product Information:

      Product: Kelty Gunnison 2

      Manufacturer: Kelty
      Year of Manufacture: 2006

      Web site: www.kelty.com <http://www.kelty.com/> MSRP: $169. My Price
      from discount retailer: $115
      Capacity: 2 person
      Type: 3 season
      Dimensions: 7ft 8 in x 4ft 10 in x 3 ft 4 in (234 cm x 147 cm x 102 cm)
      Stuffed Size: 7 in x 2 ft 1 in (18 cm x 64 cm)
      Listed Weight: 5 lbs 11 oz (2.58 kg)
      Weight as Delivered: 5 lbs 12 oz (2.82 kg)

      Product Description:

      The Kelty Gunnison is a free standing two-person rectangular dome tent.
      It has two doors and two large vestibules. It use two flexible aluminum
      poles (8.45oz each (240g)), which cross to form an X. It stakes down in
      each of its four corners. The tent has twelve plastic clips to hold the
      tent to the poles. The clips are designed so that they slip on very
      easily, but they require a small twist to take them off. This makes this
      easily to take off but hard for them to slip off accidentally. The poles
      anchor to the bottom of the tent by slipping into dual purpose plastic
      clips.

      The clips both hold the poles and act as the slots that the fly clips
      into. The fly The fly has two plastic windows, one on each end of the
      tent. It also has two small vents, one on each side of the tent. The
      vents open and close with a zipper. The vents have a small, thin,
      permanently-installed, flexible pole above them , which supports a small
      flap. The pole and flap combination allow you keep the vents open even
      in the rain. The fly has 8 stake points. 6 of these are for guy
      lines—one in each corner and two on the ends. The vestibule is
      created by staking the fly out away from the tent with a single stake on
      each side. The stake loop is a long piece of webbing looped through a
      plastic slide. The long webbing and plastic slide allow you to stake the
      fly where convenient and then pull fly taught. The vestibule closes with
      a zipper and Velcro. The zipper ends a few inches before the bottom,
      which is finally closed with a snap.

      When you open the vestibule, one side rolls back and is held back by a
      small clip. The tent doors have dual zippers. Inside the tent are two
      mesh pockets. Additionally, the tent comes with a small mesh hammock
      (.65oz (19g)) that ties into the top of the inside for storage. There is
      also a hook at the top center to hang a light. The floor of the tent
      comes pre-seam-sealed with tape.

      The tent comes with 12 straight peg stakes. The stakes are 8 inches long
      and weight .55 oz (17g) each. The tent also comes with 6 guy lines. The
      guy lines are made of black nylon and have small plastic sliding clips
      The guy lines are 6 feet long and weight .2oz(6g) each. The tent comes
      with three stuff sacks, one large that will hold all of the tent items.
      One for the poles and one the holds the stakes, guy lines, and mesh
      hammock.

      Field Information:

      I've used the Gunnison 2 for two three day two night trips in
      Southern Indiana and a 16 day, 200 miles hike of the Appalachian Trail.
      On both hikes, I shared the tent with my wife. The trails in Southern
      Indiana were hilly temperate rain forest in a federal wilderness area
      with few good campsites. Temperatures ranged from 20 deg. F. at night (
      Celsius) to 75 deg. F. during the day. The Appalachian Trial is
      mountainous but well maintained trails with many excellent campsites to
      choose from. The temperatures ranged from 40 deg. F. at night to 90 deg.
      F. during the day. On the AT, we experienced rain while in the tent
      twice.

      Review:

      Overall, the Kelty Gunnison 2 has been an excellent tent. It is quick to
      set-up, very stable, and provides excellent ventilation. I appreciate
      many of the bonus features of the tent, although I do recognize that
      they add weight, which I do not like.

      The Gunnison is very similar in size and set-up to the Hubba Hubba tent
      by MSR. In my mind it is a direct trade-off between price and weight.
      The Hubba Hubba weighs approximately 1.5 pounds less, but it lists for
      over $130 more, and in practice costs almost 200 more. As I always hike
      with my wife and we are able to split the weight of the tent ( I take
      the tent and fly, she takes the poles, stakes, and guy lines), the
      weight-to-cost trade-off makes sense to me.

      The tent has many benefits. The set-up is a breeze. I can get the tent
      set-up and the fly on with the vestibule staked in less than 5 minutes
      if it is raining. Because of the shape of the clips on the corners I can
      usually just slip a pole into its slot without having to bend down and
      be right at the corner. The adjustable webbing on the edges of the
      vestibule make taking the vestibule very easy. Just find a place where
      the stake goes in easy, and adjust the webbing to fit. Staking the
      corners of the tent and setting up the guy lines takes longer.

      The ventilation in the tent is excellent. I've never had
      condensation drip on me, even when we were sleeping in below freezing
      temperatures. And usually, there is no condensation on the fly at all. I
      attribute this to the vents at the top of the fly. Because of the small
      flaps over the vent you can keep this open even when it is raining,
      which is one time you most want to be able to clear the humidity from
      your tent. One problem, though, is that the small poles that create the
      flap are not removable. One snapped when the tent was packed, probably
      because it was bent when I rolled the tent. The flap still works, but I
      am afraid the broken pole will eventually rip the tent and come loose.
      Had I thought this would be a problem I would have been more careful in
      how I rolled the tent.

      The tent is a very nice size. I just fits my wife and me shoulder to
      shoulder. We are both large. I am 6'3" 210 and she is
      5'11", and we both fit comfortably, although there is no room to
      spare. There is a few inches of room above our heads or below our feet
      (depending on how we lay) to store a few things. We are able to change
      when we are both in the tent, but only one at a time. There is also only
      room for one of us to sit up at a time. The vestibule is plenty large to
      store all our gear. Our packs, boots, hiking poles, and anything else we
      want to keep under the vestibule fits well.

      The plastic windows are nice. They have not yellowed, and I really
      appreciate the light they let in the evenings and the mornings. However,
      I don't know if they are worth the weight.

      The mesh hammock works well. It stores a lot for what it is. Because it
      ties on to loops that are sewn on at the same spot as hooks that connect
      to the poles, you can put a lot of weight in the hammock without causing
      the tent to sag.

      The bottom of the tent is sturdy. I have never used a ground cloth, and
      while I pick my camping spots carefully, I have had no problems with the
      bottom tearing or getting small holes.

      There are a few obnoxious things about the tent. The small clips that
      hold the fly and door open are not very effective. They are placed low
      on the tent, and the fly and the door almost always come loose. Perhaps
      the most obnoxious thing about the tent is the snap at the bottom of the
      fly. Because it is so far out, it is difficult to reach. Even being
      6'3", I have to almost lay my torso on the ground to reach the
      snap and close it. This is a particular problem when it is raining
      because you get muddy.

      Overall this is a great tent. I would reccomend it to anyone who is
      looking for a good weight / money trade-off in a two person tent
      actually meant for two people.

      Good:

      Light weight for the money

      2 large vestibules make this tent very practical for two large adults

      Great ventilation - no condensation

      Easy Setup

      Bad:

      Hard to snap vestibule closed from insdie tent

      Could lose weight without adding cost

      Bad design of small rods holding open vent flaps

      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 22, 2008

        Review Queue and will be picked up by an Edit Moderator soon. If you
        are new to BackpackGearTest.org, welcome to the community! The
        Editors will work with you, within their own time constraints, to
        manner. Do not worry if nothing happens with it for several days.
        All our Editors are volunteers and your report will be subject to an
        timeframe, please let me know directly at jdeben(at)hotmail.com

        Once your first two Owner Reviews have been approved and you have
        submitted your Tester Agreement you will be eligible to start
        applying for Tests. If you'd like more assistance or guidance with
        the process you can request a mentor by sending an email to Jenn K.,
        the mentor coordinator, at mentor (at) backpackgeartest.org.

        Moderator.

        will use APPROVED in the subject line.

        If you'd like to keep track of the progress of your OR while it's in
        the edit queue, the entire Owner Review Queue is posted to this
        yahoo group list on either Thursdays or Fridays.

        the list or contact me directly.

        Edit Administration Manager
      • André Corterier
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 5, 2008
          > EDIT: OWNER REVIEW - Kelty Gunnison 2 Tent

          Hi John,

          and welcome to BackpackGearTest.org. Sorry this took so long. Please
          understand we're all volunteers here and sometimes it takes some time
          until someone has enough spare time to use it for editing.

          Anyway, I'm glad you decided to take the plunge! Please understand
          that here at BackpackGearTest.org we've evolved a style in which
          reports should be written which we believe is good for any number of
          reasons. Editing a report to conform to these expectations can take
          some time and usually several rounds of revisions. FYI. But having
          gone through it twice before testing gear with us means that you'll
          have a much easier time writing reports to spec from the get-go and
          gives us comfort that you're willing to put in the work required for
          good test reports.

          One more note: We tend to suggest to "Newbies" (a term of endearment)
          that the first Owner Review be written on something simple (a hat,
          pair of pants, pot, you know) rather than the more involved mainstays
          of backpacking (tent, backpack, sleeping bag). The less involved the
          item is, the easier it is to get the report into BGT form. Having
          taken a look at your posted first draft, I'm willing to Edit it as
          is, I'm just pointing this out to you - possibly you might want to
          put this one on hold and use it for your 2nd OR, and do your first OR
          on a simpler item. Your call.

          So - the edits take the following form: "EDIT" indicates something
          you need to change because of a typo or BGT policy, "Edit" indicates
          something you may want to change because it reads oddly or for other
          reasons, though the call remains yours, "Comment" indicates that I
          couldn't keep my mouth shut (again). Here goes:

          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "johnschlafer"
          <johnschlafer@...> wrote:

          > Kelty Gunnison 2 Tent
          >

          > Biographical Information:
          >
          > Name: John Schlafer
          > Age: 26
          > Gender: Male
          > Height: 6'3"
          > Weight: 210lbs

          EDIT: metric conversions please (see our handy conversion utility at
          http://www.backpackgeartest.org/convert.html)

          > Email Address: John[dot]Schlafer[at]gmail[dot]com
          > Location: Indianapolis, IN USA

          EDIT: Please spell out Indiana (for ignorant foreigners like myself)

          > Date: August 19, 2008
          > Backpacking Background: I am new to backpacking. I do a long day
          hike
          > every month or so. I've done two three-day two-night trips, and I
          > backpacked 200 miles of the AT in the spring of '08.

          EDIT: conversion for the miles (320 km), please spell
          out "Appalachian Trail" (same reason)
          ;-)

          I like to hike
          > light, but I have a small gear budget. So I try to go for a nice
          balance
          > of light and inexpensive.

          > Product Information:
          >
          > Product: Kelty Gunnison 2
          >
          > Manufacturer: Kelty
          > Year of Manufacture: 2006
          >
          > Web site: www.kelty.com <http://www.kelty.com/>
          MSRP: $169.

          EDIT: USD 169, or US$ 169 please (again, for the furriners)

          My Price
          > from discount retailer: $115

          EDIT: We don't list the prices we've paid or seen available at
          retailers (unless there's no MSRP). It's not really meaningful for
          the reader who may not have access to the same retailer (even if it's
          an online shop, we're reviewing gear, not retailers)

          > Capacity: 2 person
          > Type: 3 season
          > Dimensions: 7ft 8 in x 4ft 10 in x 3 ft 4 in (234 cm x 147 cm x 102
          cm)

          Edit: I'd suggest breaking this down into height, width and length
          (the latter two aren't obvious from the description alone)

          > Stuffed Size: 7 in x 2 ft 1 in (18 cm x 64 cm)
          > Listed Weight: 5 lbs 11 oz (2.58 kg)
          > Weight as Delivered: 5 lbs 12 oz (2.82 kg)

          EDIT: please describe what's part of the weight you measured
          (guylines, stakes, stuff sack(s), etc.)

          > Product Description:
          >
          > The Kelty Gunnison is a free standing two-person rectangular dome
          tent.
          > It has two doors and two large vestibules. It use

          EDIT: uses

          two flexible aluminum
          > poles (8.45oz

          EDIT: please insert a space between the number and the unit

          each (240g)),

          EDIT: ditto

          which cross to form an X. It stakes down in
          > each of its four corners. The tent has twelve plastic clips to hold
          the
          > tent to the poles. The clips are designed so that they slip on very
          > easily, but they require a small twist to take them off. This makes
          this
          > easily to take off but hard for them to slip off accidentally.

          Edit: This statement is okay, but borders on projection. "Projection"
          is when we state something in a way which implies being true in all
          cases, when all we know is that it was true in ours. This runs
          against our policy of reporting our experience only. It's a bit
          tricky, and I may well be the most picky of editors when it comes to
          projection (you may refer to me as the projection police). Anyway,
          the way to safeguard against projection in this case might be to
          state that the clips are designed to be easy to take off but hard to
          slip off accidentally. Or, you can give us a full account of whether
          this was so for you in your experience with your particular item,
          though that's something you may wish to do further down when you get
          to your own experience.

          The poles
          > anchor to the bottom of the tent by slipping into dual purpose
          plastic
          > clips.
          >

          > The clips both hold the poles and act as the slots that the fly
          clips
          > into. The fly The fly has two plastic windows, one on each end of
          the
          > tent. It also has two small vents, one on each side of the tent. The
          > vents open and close with a zipper. The vents have a small, thin,
          > permanently-installed, flexible pole above them , which supports a
          small
          > flap. The pole and flap combination allow you keep the vents open
          even
          > in the rain.

          EDIT: PROJECTION! Quick, get the kids inside! (Kidding.) The
          word "you" often signifies projection. You (John) don't know whether
          the poles allow me (André) to keep the vents open even in the rain. I
          may have 10 thumbs or be stupid. Or live in a region where winds are
          so strong that rain is nearly always near-horizontal. Because you
          don't know what is true for me, refrain from stating it that way. In
          general, I've found that leaving out the word "you" entirely should
          be possible. I try to do that. In the case at hand, again - either
          state that you believe this to be the design intent, or state that
          it's allowed you to do that (in your own experience).

          The fly has 8 stake points. 6 of these are for guy
          > lines—one in each corner and two on the ends. The vestibule is
          > created by staking the fly out away from the tent with a single
          stake on
          > each side. The stake loop is a long piece of webbing looped through
          > plastic slide. The long webbing and plastic slide allow you

          EDIT: ditto

          to stake the
          > fly where convenient and then pull fly taught.

          EDIT: pull *the* fly taught.

          The vestibule closes with
          > a zipper and Velcro.

          Edit: Are you sure it's "Velcro" (the trademarked item)? If so,
          that's fine. If not, we like to refer to the knock-offs as "hook and
          loop closures" (no kidding).

          The zipper ends a few inches

          EDIT: conversion, please

          before the bottom,
          > which is finally closed with a snap.
          >

          > When you open the vestibule,

          EDIT: I can't do that, I've never even seen the tent. ;-)

          one side rolls back and is held back by a
          > small clip. The tent doors have dual zippers. Inside the tent are
          two
          > mesh pockets. Additionally, the tent comes with a small mesh hammock
          > (.65oz (19g))

          EDIT: spaces beween units and numbers

          that ties into the top of the inside for storage. There is
          > also a hook at the top center to hang a light. The floor of the tent
          > comes pre-seam-sealed with tape.
          >
          > The tent comes with 12 straight peg stakes. The stakes are 8 inches

          EDIT: conversion please

          long
          > and weight .55 oz (17g)

          EDIT: space before "g"

          each. The tent also comes with 6 guy lines. The
          > guy lines are made of black nylon and have small plastic sliding
          clips
          > The guy lines are 6 feet

          EDIT: conversion

          long and weight

          EDIT: weigh

          .2oz(6g)

          EDIT: spaces between numbers and units and before the open parenthesis

          each. The tent comes
          > with three stuff sacks, one large that will hold all of the tent
          items.

          Edit: Are you sure that was supposed to be a sentence-ending period?
          It reads a little odd.

          > One for the poles and one the

          EDIT: that

          holds the stakes, guy lines, and mesh
          > hammock.
          >

          > Field Information:
          >
          > I've used the Gunnison 2 for two three day two night trips in
          > Southern Indiana and a 16 day, 200 miles hike

          EDIT: 200 mile (320 km) hike

          of the Appalachian Trail.
          > On both hikes, I shared the tent with my wife. The trails in
          Southern
          > Indiana were hilly temperate rain forest in a federal wilderness
          area
          > with few good campsites. Temperatures ranged from 20 deg. F. at
          night (
          > Celsius) to 75 deg. F.

          EDIT: conversions needed on both temperatures

          during the day. The Appalachian Trial

          Comment: Yes, I've heard it can be that hard.
          EDIT: but it's spelled "Trail"

          is
          > mountainous but well maintained trails

          Edit: how about "... is mountainous but *has* well maintained
          trails ... "

          with many excellent campsites to
          > choose from. The temperatures ranged from 40 deg. F. at night to 90
          deg.
          > F.

          EDIT: conversions needed

          during the day. On the AT,

          EDIT: Either spell it out again, or write it as "Appalachian Trail
          (AT)" once, and then you can stick with AT subsequently (again, it's
          because of all the bloody furriners that look up BGT.org and don't
          know the first thing about long-distance hiking in the US.

          we experienced rain while in the tent
          > twice.
          >

          > Review:

          Edit: That seems like an odd sub-heading, seeing that this whole
          thing is an Owner Review. How about sub-dividing your own experience
          into sections
          like "Setup", "Room", "Weatherrotection", "Condensation", "Bugs",
          etc. ?

          > Overall, the Kelty Gunnison 2 has been an excellent tent. It is
          quick to
          > set-up, very stable, and provides excellent ventilation. I
          appreciate
          > many of the bonus features of the tent, although I do recognize that
          > they add weight, which I do not like.

          Edit: (And this is close to an EDIT) I don't know which "bonus
          features" you are talking about. This sentence might be moved further
          down into a summary or such, after you've discussed the bonus
          features in question.

          > The Gunnison is very similar in size and set-up to the Hubba Hubba
          tent
          > by MSR. In my mind it is a direct trade-off between price and
          weight.
          > The Hubba Hubba weighs approximately 1.5 pounds less, but it lists
          for
          > over $130 more, and in practice costs almost 200 more.

          EDIT: We don't do direct comparisons. You can include a much more
          general statement like "I've seen at least one tent similar in design
          weighing about 1.5 lb (680 g) less but costing about 200 USD more".

          As I always hike
          > with my wife and we are able to split the weight of the tent ( I
          take
          > the tent and fly, she takes the poles, stakes, and guy lines), the
          > weight-to-cost trade-off makes sense to me.

          Edit: How much each of these packages then weigh would be useful
          information.

          > The tent has many benefits. The set-up is a breeze. I can get the
          tent
          > set-up and the fly on with the vestibule staked in less than 5
          minutes
          > if it is raining. Because of the shape of the clips on the corners
          I can
          > usually just slip a pole into its slot without having to bend down
          and
          > be right at the corner. The adjustable webbing on the edges of the
          > vestibule make taking

          EDIT: makes staking

          the vestibule very easy. Just find a place where

          EDIT: *I* just find a place [or else it's projection again]

          > the stake goes in easy, and adjust the webbing to fit. Staking the
          > corners of the tent and setting up the guy lines takes longer.
          >

          > The ventilation in the tent is excellent. I've never had
          > condensation drip on me, even when we were sleeping in below
          freezing
          > temperatures. And usually, there is no condensation on the fly at
          all. I
          > attribute this to the vents at the top of the fly. Because of the
          small
          > flaps over the vent you can keep this open even when it is raining,
          > which is one time you most want to be able to clear the humidity
          from
          > your tent.

          EDIT: you can probably spot the projection issue I have with the
          preceding paragraph by yourself now. Please modify accordingly.

          One problem, though, is that the small poles that create the
          > flap are not removable. One snapped when the tent was packed,
          probably
          > because it was bent when I rolled the tent. The flap still works,
          but I
          > am afraid the broken pole will eventually rip the tent and come
          loose.
          > Had I thought this would be a problem I would have been more
          careful in
          > how I rolled the tent.
          >

          > The tent is a very nice size. I just fits my wife and me shoulder to
          > shoulder. We are both large. I am 6'3" 210 and she is
          > 5'11",

          EDIT: conversions please

          and we both fit comfortably, although there is no room to
          > spare. There is a few inches

          EDIT: conversion

          of room above our heads or below our feet
          > (depending on how we lay) to store a few things.

          Comment: So there is room to spare, though only a little?

          We are able to change
          > when we are both in the tent, but only one at a time. There is also
          only
          > room for one of us to sit up at a time.

          Edit: Is this because the tent ceiling slopes?

          The vestibule is plenty large to
          > store all our gear. Our packs, boots, hiking poles, and anything
          else we
          > want to keep under the vestibule fits well.
          >

          > The plastic windows are nice. They have not yellowed, and I really
          > appreciate the light they let in the evenings and the mornings.

          EDIT: they're letting it *in*, and are doing so *in* the evenings and
          mornings. Either you have a double "in" there, or you rephrase the
          sentence (say, to start with "In the evenings and mornings, I really
          appreciate the light they let in.").

          However,
          > I don't know if they are worth the weight.
          >

          > The mesh hammock works well. It stores a lot for what it is.
          Because it
          > ties on to loops that are sewn on at the same spot as hooks that
          connect
          > to the poles, you can put a lot of weight in the hammock without
          causing
          > the tent to sag.

          EDIT: This is both projection and a little unclear on what's "a lot".
          The amount of weight *I* consider to be "a lot" may have the tent
          collapes. Can you guesstimate the weight you've had in there, or give
          a brief description of the things you've stowed there?
          Comment: Any issues with this encroaching on head room?

          > The bottom of the tent is sturdy. I have never used a ground cloth,
          and
          > while I pick my camping spots carefully, I have had no problems
          with the
          > bottom tearing or getting small holes.
          >

          > There are a few obnoxious things about the tent. The small clips
          that
          > hold the fly and door open are not very effective. They are placed
          low
          > on the tent, and the fly and the door almost always come loose.

          Edit: I understand that they coming loose is a bother, but not what
          your issue with the placement is. Do they come loose because of the
          placement, or do feel the placement to be in a bad spot even if it
          held?

          Perhaps
          > the most obnoxious thing about the tent is the snap at the bottom
          of the
          > fly. Because it is so far out, it is difficult to reach. Even being
          > 6'3",

          EDIT: conversion

          I have to almost lay my torso on the ground to reach the
          > snap and close it. This is a particular problem when it is raining
          > because you get muddy.

          EDIT: I've never noticed getting muddy just because you were laying
          down. ;-) (Projection again, right?)

          > Overall this is a great tent. I would reccomend it to anyone who is
          > looking for a good weight / money trade-off in a two person tent
          > actually meant for two people.
          >

          > Good:
          >
          > Light weight for the money
          >
          > 2 large vestibules make this tent very practical for two large
          adults

          > Great ventilation - no condensation
          >
          > Easy Setup
          >

          > Bad:
          >
          > Hard to snap vestibule closed from insdie tent
          EDIT: inside

          > Could lose weight without adding cost
          >
          > Bad design of small rods holding open vent flaps

          Wow, that was a lot. You will hopefully note that there were really
          only three types of edits, though - typo, projection and conversion.
          So it's really not that much, it just gets amplified because tents
          make for long reviews.

          There are two more things, though, which I would like you to try:
          1) get an HTML version of the edited draft into our test folder on
          the backpackgeartest.org site
          2) include a picture (taken off the manufacturer's site if you want,
          as long as it's properly attributed) in that HTML version.

          The former is actually mandatory - you need to figure out how to
          create an HTML version in order for this to be uploaded. If you have
          trouble with that, our friendly folks at
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BGTFileUploadHelp/ are always willing
          to help - or you can request a mentor at Mentor@...,
          who may be able to help with all kinds of questions.

          The pictures is optional for a first OR, but very strongly
          recommended for the second one at least (pictures are required for
          the actual test series, so we like to have that aspect covered early).

          So -

          if you want to go forward with this version, please post an edited
          version to this list again, replacing my "EDIT:" in the heading above
          with "REPOST:", and - if at all possible - include a shortlink
          (tinyurl or snipurl) to an uploaded HTML version in the test folder.

          Also, feel free to shoot me a question directly, rather than via the
          list.

          Please understand that this is a pretty solid first draft - this may
          still seem a little overwhelming (I know I was personally a bit
          discouraged when I received my first OR Edit about four years ago),
          but it's affirmatively doable and worth the effort.

          Again, welcome - I'm looking foward to your second draft.

          André
          OR Editor