EDIT: A Walk in the Woods -OR - David Wilkes

  • pamwyant
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 6, 2008
      EDIT: A WALK IN THE WOODS - DAVID WILKES

      PRODUCT INFORMATION

      Title: A Walk in the woods

      ### EDIT: `Woods' should be capitalized.

      Publisher: Broadway Books
      City and State of Publishing: New York, New York USA
      Publisher's URL: <<HYPERLINK GOES HERE - "http://www.broadwaybooks.com
      <http://www.broadwaybooks.com> " LINK TEXT = "www.broadwaybooks.com
      <http://www.broadwaybooks.com> ">>

      ### Edit: Since Broadway Books is a subsidiary of Random House,
      using a subpage of www.randomhouse.com, and a Walk in the Woods also
      shows up when searching the main Random House site, the URL should be
      www.randomhouse.com. You might consider making the
      publisher "Broadway Books, a subsidiary of Random House, Inc."

      ### Comment: You might give the dimensions of the book.

      However, I do admire the author freely exposing his poor judgment or
      lack of knowledge, and his skill at describing the lesions he learned.

      ### EDIT: Â…describing the *lessons* he learned.

      ### Comment: The only other thing I might suggest is that you
      comment on whether you actually learned anything new from the book
      that you might use in the future, or make a comment to the fact that
      you did not learn anything you think you will use in the future.
      What comes to mind for me is whether you leaned any of the traditions
      of the AT such as the `half-gallon challenge', about resupply, or
      shelter use etiquette.

      Go ahead and upload when you've made the necessary edits and optional
      changes to:

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Books/General/A%20Walk%20in%
      20the%20Woods/

      Thanks for all your hard work on this interesting review!

      Pam
    • amatbrewer
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 11, 2008
        Edits complete, new version uploaded and original deleted.
        Thanks for the edits and comments.
        Dave