Re: OR - Clif Mojo Bars - Ray Estrella

  • rayestrella1
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 5, 2008
      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Jamie D." <jdeben@...> wrote:

      > No car camping with two kids???? Why Ray, I'm shocked!! :)

      Oh yeah, we camp. I just tend to use backpacking gear instead
      of "camping gear". I do have a big propane stove but the kids never
      want things that need the two burners so in MN I just use an MSR
      WindPro. Instead of a house-style camping tent I use the 4-season dome.
      Instead of air mattresses we use hiking pads. I am going to write some
      kid reviews this fall after we get done with our summer hiking trips.
      Next week we are going backpacking at Maplewood State Park.

      Ray
    • pamwyant
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 6, 2008
        EDIT: Clif Mojo bars OR - Ray

        Nice Report Ray. Good use of photos too. Editing this report made
        me hungry! It sounds like I would like these bars too – I'll have to
        try to find some & check them out.

        I have only 3 minor things for you. When you're ready upload to:

        http://tinyurl.com/6msufy

        Pam

        > The Clf Mojo bars are one of the newest offerings from Clif.

        ### EDIT: Missed the `i' in the first "Clif"

        > They come packaged in a mylar-type wrapper.

        ### Edit: I believe Mylar should be capitalized.

        > The first was a 25 mi (40 km) day-hike on the Pacific Crest Trail
        > (PCT) at the south border of San Gorgonio Wilderness. The
        temperature
        > got up to 86 F (30 C).

        ### Comment: You might write the first *trip*

        Thanks for yet another great review.
      • rayestrella1
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 7, 2008
          Hi Pam,

          Thank you very much for the edits. All have been taken care of, test
          deleted and review uploaded.

          See you next time.

          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 7, 2008
            I figured as much. Just giving you grief anyway. We do alot of that
            backpacking gear carry over too, especially when it's just me and my
            kids. There still little and not much help in the lugging department
            so I keep it simple. :)

            Have fun on your trip.
            Jamie