Re: OR - Clif Mojo Bars - Ray Estrella

    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 4, 2008
      No car camping with two kids???? Why Ray, I'm shocked!! :)

      jamie

      <rayestrella@...> wrote:

      > Hello hard working editors. Here is another OR for your red pen.
      Alas
      > it is not for the call. I just do not go camping very often and when
      > I do it is all backpacking gear anyway. (My car camping tent is a
      REI
      > BaseCamp 6 four-season bomb-proof dome.) Oh well, I have a few BPs
      > already…
    • rayestrella1
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 5, 2008
        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Jamie D." <jdeben@...> wrote:

        > No car camping with two kids???? Why Ray, I'm shocked!! :)

        Oh yeah, we camp. I just tend to use backpacking gear instead
        of "camping gear". I do have a big propane stove but the kids never
        want things that need the two burners so in MN I just use an MSR
        WindPro. Instead of a house-style camping tent I use the 4-season dome.
        Instead of air mattresses we use hiking pads. I am going to write some
        kid reviews this fall after we get done with our summer hiking trips.
        Next week we are going backpacking at Maplewood State Park.

        Ray
      • pamwyant
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 6, 2008
          EDIT: Clif Mojo bars OR - Ray

          Nice Report Ray. Good use of photos too. Editing this report made
          me hungry! It sounds like I would like these bars too – I'll have to
          try to find some & check them out.

          I have only 3 minor things for you. When you're ready upload to:

          http://tinyurl.com/6msufy

          Pam

          > The Clf Mojo bars are one of the newest offerings from Clif.

          ### EDIT: Missed the `i' in the first "Clif"

          > They come packaged in a mylar-type wrapper.

          ### Edit: I believe Mylar should be capitalized.

          > The first was a 25 mi (40 km) day-hike on the Pacific Crest Trail
          > (PCT) at the south border of San Gorgonio Wilderness. The
          temperature
          > got up to 86 F (30 C).

          ### Comment: You might write the first *trip*

          Thanks for yet another great review.
        • rayestrella1
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 7, 2008
            Hi Pam,

            Thank you very much for the edits. All have been taken care of, test
            deleted and review uploaded.

            See you next time.

            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 7, 2008
              I figured as much. Just giving you grief anyway. We do alot of that
              backpacking gear carry over too, especially when it's just me and my
              kids. There still little and not much help in the lugging department
              so I keep it simple. :)

              Have fun on your trip.
              Jamie