Re: OWNER REVIEW CALL FOR JULY

  • edwardripleyduggan
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 7 6:15 PM
      Hiya Sheila,

      I guess the answer to that would be whether you do an app now or after
      the show. I don't think there's a mechanism in place to defer BPs.
      Does this answer the question?

      Best,

      Ted

      PS I apologize for all my recent typos--some stinkers. I've been
      working in haste and I'm not a great typist.

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "S" <geosheila@...> wrote:

      > And will the brownie points be held for after the OR show?
      >
      > Sheila

    • S
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 7 6:34 PM
        Thanks, Ted. I had actually misunderstood the email about the timing for the test call
        break because of the show. I thought no one would have any apps now.

        Sheila

        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "edwardripleyduggan" <erd@...> wrote:

        > Hiya Sheila,
        >
        > I guess the answer to that would be whether you do an app now or after
        > the show. I don't think there's a mechanism in place to defer BPs.
        > Does this answer the question?
        >
        > Best,
        >
        > Ted
        >
        > PS I apologize for all my recent typos--some stinkers. I've been
        > working in haste and I'm not a great typist.
        >

        > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "S" <geosheila@> wrote:
        > >
        > > And will the brownie points be held for after the OR show?
        > >
        > > Sheila

      • JennE
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 8 8:39 AM
          I guess I need to better understand how the BP system works. How do
          you redeem them or use them? I thought you just received the brownie
          points and if there was a close call for a test you may get
          selected. I may be incorrect here. Can someone please explain how
          the BP system works?

          Jenn

          > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "edwardripleyduggan"
          <erd@> wrote:

          > > Hiya Sheila,
          > >
          > > I guess the answer to that would be whether you do an app now or
          after
          > > the show. I don't think there's a mechanism in place to defer
          BPs.
          > > Does this answer the question?
          > >
          > > Best,
          > >
          > > Ted
          > >
          > > PS I apologize for all my recent typos--some stinkers. I've been
          > > working in haste and I'm not a great typist.
          > >

          > > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "S" <geosheila@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > And will the brownie points be held for after the OR show?
          > > >
          > > > Sheila

        • edwardripleyduggan
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 8 4:13 PM
            Hi Jenn (and Sheila),

            Nothing to explain, really, Jenn--I thing you already have said it in
            a nutshell. My point to Sheila (made hastily and perhaps poorly
            worded) was that there's no way to "bank" them, short of not filing
            applications. When an app is filed, that's when BPs come in to play.
            They are taken quite seriously--Steph gets regular BP reports from Jamie.

            Sheila, was my meaning clear? I'm afraid my hasty answer may have
            created a mistaken impression. What I was attempting to indicate was
            that if you file an app for gear pre-OR, then your BPs would come into
            play on that app. If you file an app on gear post-OR (i.e. newly
            queued stuff), then your BPs would come into play on that, assuming no
            earlier app.

            The bottom line is please write lots of ORs!

            Best,

            Ted

            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "JennE" <jennksnowy@...> wrote:

            > I guess I need to better understand how the BP system works. How do
            > you redeem them or use them? I thought you just received the brownie
            > points and if there was a close call for a test you may get
            > selected. I may be incorrect here. Can someone please explain how
            > the BP system works?
            >
            > Jenn
            >

            > > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "edwardripleyduggan"
            > <erd@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hiya Sheila,
            > > >
            > > > I guess the answer to that would be whether you do an app now or
            > after
            > > > the show. I don't think there's a mechanism in place to defer
            > BPs.
            > > > Does this answer the question?
            > > >
            > > > Best,
            > > >
            > > > Ted
            > > >
            > > > PS I apologize for all my recent typos--some stinkers. I've been
            > > > working in haste and I'm not a great typist.

          • S
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 8 4:29 PM
              Oh yeah, it was clear. It was the question that I asked that was flawed. I didn't understand
              the timing for the break in test calls. I thought that they were ending last week, so I thought
              no one would be applying for gear at all this month, making the BPs useless this month.
              However, there have been plenty of test calls with lots of applicants, making BPs quite
              worthwhile!