EDIT/APPROVAL: OR: Smith Threshold Slider Sunglasses - David Tagnani

  • S
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2008
      Hi Dave,

      Your edits are below. When you're ready, please upload your OR here:

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Eye%20Protection/Sun%20Glasses/Smith%20Th
      reshold%20Slider%20Sunglasses/

      or

      http://tinyurl.com/5jcktd

      Sheila
      BGT OR Editor

      > Sorry, I don't know how to do the "tinyurl" thing.

      Copy the web address you want to make tiny, go to tinyurl.com, plug it in to the box for it
      there, and they'll give you a little tiny address.

      > MSRP: $119
      EDIT: US
      Comment: I was confused for a second looking this up. After your MSRP, you might want
      to put "($109 to $149, depending on lens type)" or something like that.

      > Frame / lens color: Graphite / Brown
      Comment: It's not required, but it would be nice to have the list of other colors available.

      > The Smith Threshold Slider sunglasses came with a semi-rigid case and
      > three pairs of lenses: Brown, Rose Copper, and Clear.
      Comment/Edit: Do they all come with these lenses? Or do other color frames come with
      different lenses?

      EDIT: Where's your product description?
      Does the manufacturer make any claims about the Grilamid frames (I don't know what that
      is, by the way) or the carbonic lenses? Who are these glasses intended to fit? Can you
      describe the frames? It looks like they don't go all the way around the top. Is these any
      ventilation? What are the megol nose pads? Oh, I see now you put a lot of this information
      in the summary. You didn't mention it before, so it should really be moved out of the
      summary and up into a description section.

      > By "roomy"
      > I mean that I don't find my eyelashes scraping the insides of the
      > lenses,
      Comment: Ooh, good description. That happens to me with most sunglasses and I hate it!

      > Anyway, I can't find any
      > conceivable use for the clear lenses.
      Comment: Keeping bugs out during evening bike rides or maybe keeping the ash away
      when walking around California at night during fire season.

      > THINGS I LIKE
      Edit: The pros you listed are pretty generic, while you really had a number of good things
      to say about the glasses in your review. Can you add some more of your pros/cons here
      from your report? Maybe the looks of the glasses, that they fit snugly and don't fall off,
      they're roomy enough for eyelashes, etc.