EDIT/APPROVAL: OR-Camelbak Trailblazer Hydration Pack - Nancy Griffith

  • S
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 5, 2008
      Hi Nancy,

      This is a good, detailed OR. Please add in a title for the Product Description and place this
      information above the Field Usage. It'll make your field usage comments easier to
      understand. I really find these reviews are much more clear when the Product Description
      is kept completely separate from the Field Usage.

      Below are your edits. When you're ready, please delete the test file and upload your OR
      here:

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Hydration%20Systems/Packs/CamelBak%20Trai
      l%20Blazer%20Hydration%20Pack/

      or

      http://tinyurl.com/5862yc

      Sheila
      BGT OR Editor

      > CAMELBAK TRAILBLAZER HYDRATION PACK
      EDIT: (Check throughout report) Trail Blazer (two words)

      > EMAIL: bkpkrgirl@...
      EDIT: Write out your email address so the SPAMers don't get you. (e.g. bkpkgirl AT
      something DOT com)

      >Tennessee, North Carolina and now mostly in the Sierra Nevada mountains of California.
      Obnoxious comment: "Sierra Nevada mountains" is a huge pet peeve of mine. It's just the
      Sierra Nevada. However, I often say just "Sierras", which apparently angers a lot of people,
      too.

      >Most of my trips are section hikes or loops from a few days to a week.
      Comment: Just out of curiosity, do you mean you're section-hiking the PCT or something?

      > Fluid Capacity: 70 oz (2.0 L)
      EDIT: 2.1 L

      > Cargo Capacity: 988 cu in (16.2 L)
      Comment/Edit: Is this right? The current version of this pack has a bigger capacity. You
      might mention that in your report.

      >The valve also has a Hydrolock which is useful when transporting the pack.
      EDIT: I don't know what a Hydrolock is or how it works.

      > It is also helpful when using the reservoir in my backpack.
      Edit: I know what you're saying, but it might be helpful to say "in my
      larger/other/overnight backpack" so the reader knows you're talking about a different
      pack.

      > The product claims to have an air mesh back panel to keep you cool,
      EDIT: Get rid of the word "you"

      >  Both the waist belt and sternum strap are easy to use and are sufficiently adjustable to
      stabilize the load.
      EDIT: You haven't described these features until now. Is the waist belt padded? Does the
      sternum strap adjust up and down? A lot of packs have their sternum straps too low for a
      lot of women, does this have a good range for adjustment?

      > I have seen no issues with durability.  The nylon fabric is intact without any significant
      abrasions.  The straps, buckles and zippers work fine.  The reservoir looks and works like
      new.
      EDIT: You never described any of these features and materials in detail. Please do in the
      Product Description.

      > The 70 oz (2.0 L) reservoir
      EDIT: 2.1 L

      > Bite valve
      EDIT: You never said what was so great about it.

      > Mesh side pockets are not very useful
      EDIT: I thought they were good for carrying your jacket, just not small items.
    • Nancy Griffith
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 8, 2008
        Hi Sheila,

        I have uploaded my report with the changes made per your edits.  Thanks for all of your input.  I re-arranged some things into the new 'Product Description' section as well as added new information, so please check it out to see that it is what you meant.

        As for your comments, I had section-hiked about 500 miles of the AT and began section-hiking the PCT when I moved to California so I listed that in my background.  But with so many other great trails here, I haven't focused on that like I did the AT.

        You are right about the capacity.  Some old descriptions seem to list it incorrectly (at 988 cu in).

        Thanks again for your edits.

        Nancy