RE: [BackpackGearTest] Question for AP and Ted

  • Mark McLauchlin - Swan Valley IT
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2008
      Hey Ray,

      You could try as a replacement Marin Blue, very gentle on the skin
      and is also an insect repellant.

      My BGT OR on it for you.

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Health%20&%20Safety/Sunscreens
      /Marine%20Blue%20Sunscreen-Insect%20Repellent/Owner%20Review%20by%20Ma
      rk%20McLauchlin/

      Being an Aussie will be easy to get also.

      Cheers

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 1, 2008
        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Ditton" <rdassetts@...>
        wrote:

        > Hey Ray,
        >
        > What brand and make is it?

        Bushman

        My kids love the logo stickers.

        Ray
      • edwardripleyduggan
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 2, 2008
          Hello Ray,

          I don't see why not. There is precedent (we allowed an OR, also as I
          recall on sunscreen, with which the owner had allergy problems and
          less than five days use). Also, if you can introduce the fact that the
          insect repellent component (Picaridin, BTW?) was not the cause--based
          on your subsequent experience--I feel that's also helpful.

          I swear by Picaridin.

          Edward

          <rayestrella@...> wrote:

          > Question for AP and Ted
          >
          > I have been using an Australian insect repellent with sun screen. I
          > only have 4 days using it and had to stop as I am extremely allergic to
          > something in it. I have some good info on it though. (I am using the
          > non-sun screen version still, no reaction.) Can I write it up and
          > qualify that I had to stop using it because of my body not liking it?
          > It is not the fault of the product and I would like to share the info.
          >
          > Ray

        • Andrew Priest
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 7, 2008
            Hi Ray

            I am in agreement with Ted here.

            Andrew

            ===
            Senior Edit Moderator - BackpackGearTest.org

            database 3248 (20080707) __________

            http://www.eset.com