Question for AP and Ted

  • rayestrella1
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2008
      Question for AP and Ted

      I have been using an Australian insect repellent with sun screen. I
      only have 4 days using it and had to stop as I am extremely allergic to
      something in it. I have some good info on it though. (I am using the
      non-sun screen version still, no reaction.) Can I write it up and
      qualify that I had to stop using it because of my body not liking it?
      It is not the fault of the product and I would like to share the info.

      Ray
    • Ralph Ditton
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 30, 2008
        Hey Ray,

        What brand and make is it?

        Just curious.

        Ralph

        _____

        I have been using an Australian insect repellent with sun screen. I
        only have 4 days using it and had to stop as I am extremely allergic to
        something in it. I have some good info on it though. (I am using the
        non-sun screen version still, no reaction.) Can I write it up and
        qualify that I had to stop using it because of my body not liking it?
        It is not the fault of the product and I would like to share the info.

      • Mark McLauchlin - Swan Valley IT
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 30, 2008
          Hey Ray,

          You could try as a replacement Marin Blue, very gentle on the skin
          and is also an insect repellant.

          My BGT OR on it for you.

          http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Health%20&%20Safety/Sunscreens
          /Marine%20Blue%20Sunscreen-Insect%20Repellent/Owner%20Review%20by%20Ma
          rk%20McLauchlin/

          Being an Aussie will be easy to get also.

          Cheers

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 1 6:01 PM
            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Ditton" <rdassetts@...>
            wrote:

            > Hey Ray,
            >
            > What brand and make is it?

            Bushman

            My kids love the logo stickers.

            Ray
          • edwardripleyduggan
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 2 5:53 PM
              Hello Ray,

              I don't see why not. There is precedent (we allowed an OR, also as I
              recall on sunscreen, with which the owner had allergy problems and
              less than five days use). Also, if you can introduce the fact that the
              insect repellent component (Picaridin, BTW?) was not the cause--based
              on your subsequent experience--I feel that's also helpful.

              I swear by Picaridin.

              Edward

              <rayestrella@...> wrote:

              > Question for AP and Ted
              >
              > I have been using an Australian insect repellent with sun screen. I
              > only have 4 days using it and had to stop as I am extremely allergic to
              > something in it. I have some good info on it though. (I am using the
              > non-sun screen version still, no reaction.) Can I write it up and
              > qualify that I had to stop using it because of my body not liking it?
              > It is not the fault of the product and I would like to share the info.
              >
              > Ray

            • Andrew Priest
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 7 7:39 PM
                Hi Ray

                I am in agreement with Ted here.

                Andrew

                ===
                Senior Edit Moderator - BackpackGearTest.org

                database 3248 (20080707) __________

                http://www.eset.com