Re: Revised: OR - MSR DromLite bags - Ray Estrella

  • rayestrella1
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 5, 2008
      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Greg" <gdm320@...> wrote:

      > I asked MSR and they said they're still available, because I called
      > to ask before writing it so I didn't waste my time on a totally
      > obsolete item. Hopefully they didn't mislead me...

      Nah, you are good. As long as an item is still being sold in the
      regular channel (not clearance sites selling discontinued products) you
      are OK. And we even have a two-year window anyway.

      When I was editing I always felt bad to have to tell someone their 5
      year old gear that they worked so hard writing up could not be accepted.

      Message 2 of 12 , Jun 6, 2008
        Hi Greg,

        Your MSR DromLite Bag OR looks good except your manufacturer link is
        not clickable. Please fix this ASAP.

        Thanks
        jamie d
      • Greg
        Message 3 of 12 , Jun 6, 2008
          Gah, another substandard job checking my own work. Blind faith in the
          BGTRW to take care of it for me was a silly mistake to make.

          Resolved.

          http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Hydration%
          20Systems/Bladders/MSR%202%20Liter%20DromLite%20Bag/Owner%20Review%
          20by%20Greg%20McDonald/

          Greg M
          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Jamie D." <jdeben@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi Greg,
          >
          > Your MSR DromLite Bag OR looks good except your manufacturer link
          is
          > not clickable. Please fix this ASAP.
          >
          > Thanks
          > jamie d

        • S
          Message 4 of 12 , Jun 6, 2008
            Hi Ray,

            Another great OR! Edits below.

            The upload folder is here:
            http://www.BackpackGearTest.org/reviews/Hydration%20Systems/Bladders/MSR%204-
            liter%20DromLite%20Bag/

            or

            http://tinyurl.com/3mqafo

            (That's the folder for the 4L bag. Since your recent data were from the 4L size, do you
            think it should go there?)

            Sheila

            > MSRP (US): 2 L; $24.95, 4 L; $26.95, Spigot Cap; $21.95
            > Volumes reviewed: 2 L (2.1 qt) and 4 L (4.2 qt) Also available in 6 L
            > (6.3 qt) Listed weights: 2 L; 4.6 oz (130 g), 4 L; 5.1 oz (145 g)
            > Actual weights: 2 L; 3 oz (85 g), 4 L; 3.9 oz (111 g) Spigot Cap; 1.1
            > oz (31 g)
            > Dimensions listed: 2 L; 8 x 16.5 in (20 x 42 cm), 4 L; 10 x 19 in (25
            > x 48 cm) verified accurate.
            EDIT: In all of these lists, the semicolon should be used as the separator. So, for example,
            the MSRP list should be: 2 L, $24.95; 4 L, $26.95; Spigot Cap, $21.95
            EDIT: Start Listed Weights on a new line
            EDIT: Any listed weight for the Spigot Cap?

            > welded together to seal the edges creating the envelope type storage
            Edit: envelope-type

            > As can be seen above a small carabiner, piece
            Comment: I know we don't discuss commas at BGT, but if I were able to, I might mention
            that I'd put one in after "As can be seen above."

            > At the lower end of the bag is the 2.15 in (55 mm) ID threaded
            > opening used to fill or empty the DromLite.
            Comment: I don't know what "ID threaded" means, but should it be "ID-threaded"?

            > A smaller cap (two) unscrews to reveal a half-inch ID (13 mm) opening
            Comment: Same thing here. I don't know what that is, but based on the last part I
            commented on, does it need to say "ID-threaded opening"?

            > A flat 1.25 in (32 mm) handle turns
            Edit: 1.25-in (32-mm)

            > and is attached by a 2 in (51 mm) tether
            Edit: 2-in (51-mm) tether

            > Most use is in summer with
            Edit: was in summer

            > Here is the data from a trip I just used the 4 L DromLite
            EDIT: Data are plural.
            EDIT: Something's missing. Maybe, "Here are the data from a trip where I recently used
            the..." (I do prefer "recently" to "just", if that's what you mean. If you mean you only used
            the 4 L and not the 2 L, I'd change it to say, "...from a trip where I used just the 4 L
            DromLite.")

            > great-weight-reduction-program.
            Edit: great weight-reduction program.

            > MSR says that they sre
            EDIT: are

            > back like a bunch of extra Nalgenes may.
            EDIT: might

            > The small form factor is the reason for the second way I use the
            > DromLite bags.
            Edit: huh?

            > Other wise to use the center cap the bag
            EDIT: Otherwise

            > One of the best things about the DromLite is filtering water into it.
            Comment: Okay, this is just something I'm curious about myself. You and Greg both had
            similar comments about this. What I don't get is what happens when you take the filter
            off? How do you keep the water from spilling everywhere? I've only ever filtered straight
            down into a bottle, so I can't imagine how the bag on its side wouldn't spill.

            > Both attach directly to the threads of the DromLite bags.
            EDIT: the threads of the openings on the DromLite bags.

            > I tried to use the DromLite as a hydration bladder using the Hands
            > Free Kit but did not care for it.
            EDIT: The hands-free kit currently sold is called the Hydration Kit.

            > Purpose made bladders work much
            EDIT: Purpose-made
            Edit: Do you want to say, "I find that purpose-made bladders work much better"?
          • rayestrella1
            Message 5 of 12 , Jun 7, 2008
              Hi Sheila,

              I made all the changes and added a sentence to explain the filtering
              for wondering minds.

              Thank you very much, see you next month.