EDIT: REI Mini Candle Lantern - Dawn Larsen

  • Roger Caffin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 1, 2008
      EDIT: REI Mini Candle Lantern - Dawn Larsen

      Hi Dawn

      Coming along nicely. Rather brief, but that's not a major worry here. A few
      small things to deal with, mainly in the area of the HTML version.

      Cheers
      Roger Caffin
      BGT Editor
      ---------------------------
      As a preamble, you should have used 'REPOST: REi Mini ....' as the heading
      as it is only the Editors who use 'EDIT: ...' for their posting. This is not
      a big deal, just remember for next time.

      The HTML issues concern the headings:

      > Product Description: Lightweight candle lantern good for backpacking
      > Field Experience: The first one of these lanterns I had (the first
      EDIT: Would you be able to make these into proper headings?

      EDIT: You also need a heading of 'Product Details' before the line
      'Manufacturer: REI' . Perhaps if you read a few of my Owner reviews they
      will show you the format we prefer. It isn't absolutley compulsory, but it
      is highly recommended.

      > Product Description: Lightweight candle lantern good for backpacking
      > and emergency home use. I have owned two of these, both purchased at
      > an REI store. The first came with just the lantern and a candle, no
      EDIT: You have mixed up 'Product Description' details with a bit of your own
      experiences here. We would prefer you keep the technical stuf separate to
      make it easy for the reader.

      > You can store up to four extra tealights in the
      EDIT: we discourage the use of 'you' in out ORs. Our aim is to avoid ever
      trying to tell the reader what he shoudl do: we only describe our own
      experiences. This case isn't bad, but we find it best to simply not use
      'you'. Usually you can fix such cases by writing 'I can store ...', 'if I
      were to bump it' and so on.

      > The instructions tell you to
      EDIT: 'tell me to ...'