RE: [BackpackGearTest] Tester Agreement?

  • Chuck Carnes
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
      Maybe so....that's fair enough.

      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
        Hi Ralph

        As Leesa said, but do add United States :-)

        Andrew

        --
        Senior Edit Moderator

      • Sam Ingarfield
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
          Actually, to add to this, more often than not they don't know where to
          deliver it when you 'just put SC' on the envelope...I've had many
          letters bounce from the united states when i've abreviated the
          state...and usually I've only abreviated the state cause I've copied the
          address from another source and i've got no bloody idea what the
          abreviation expands to!

          Also a suggestion - on the document that specifies this address, add
          'United States' down the bottom, I'm sure many people don't know that
          this group is centred in the US....I had to think twice. We don't want
          any letters ending up in seychelles do we? (SC is the country code for
          seychelles)

          Sam.

          Andrew Priest wrote:

          > Hi Ralph
          >
          > As Leesa said, but do add United States :-)
          >
          > Andrew
          >
          > On 04/04/2008, Leesa J <leesaj@... <mailto:leesaj%40gmail.com>>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > South Carolina - although if you just put SC on the envelop, the postal
          > > service would know where to deliver it.
          > >
          > > Leesa
          > >

          > --
          > Senior Edit Moderator

        • amatbrewer
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 7, 2008
            Crap!!! I mailed my agreement on 2 Jan and just recieved it back
            today?!?! I will get it out to the correct address ASAP. Hope this
            does not interfeer with the applications I have submitted.

            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@...>
            wrote:

            > Here you go:
            >

            > C Carnes
            > 18 E Earle Street
            > Greenville, SC 29609
            >

            > The address on the document is wrong - but just put this on on the
            envelop
            > and you are good to go!
            >
            > Leesa
            >
            > On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Josh Coatsworth <coatsworthj@...>
            > wrote:
            >
            > > Does anyone have a solution for this problem yet? I would like
            to get my
            > > agreement out before my second OR is done.
            > >
            > > Thanks, Josh

          • Leesa J
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 7, 2008
              If you are selected, before it arrives - someone will contact you.

              Leesa

              On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 11:46 AM, amatbrewer <david.wilkes@...>
              wrote:

              > Crap!!! I mailed my agreement on 2 Jan and just recieved it back
              > today?!?! I will get it out to the correct address ASAP. Hope this
              > does not interfeer with the applications I have submitted.
              >
              > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com<BackpackGearTest%40yahoogroups.com>,
              > "Leesa J" <leesaj@...>
              > wrote:
              >

              > > Here you go:
              > >

              > > C Carnes
              > > 18 E Earle Street
              > > Greenville, SC 29609
              > >

              > > The address on the document is wrong - but just put this on on the
              > envelop
              > > and you are good to go!
              > >
              > > Leesa
              > >
              > > On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Josh Coatsworth <coatsworthj@...>
              > > wrote:
              > >
              > > > Does anyone have a solution for this problem yet? I would like
              > to get my
              > > > agreement out before my second OR is done.
              > > >
              > > > Thanks, Josh

            • baileyrichard12
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 7, 2008
                Leesa
                I have submitted 2 entries for review the one was declined and I have
                not seen the second one or been told where it stands? I replied to
                the one that said that it was not good enough when I replied I
                requested what more information I can provide I have yet to hear back
                on that subject as of yet so I do not currently know where I am at in
                the process
                --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@...> wrote:

                > Richard,
                >
                > I'm the List Administrator for the testing group - and don't spend
                a lot of
                > time on this list (which is for Owner Review's), so I'm not sure
                where you
                > are in the process. Have you submitted your Owner Reviews? or just
                getting
                > started?
                >
                > Leesa
                >
                > On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 8:10 PM, baileyrichard12
                <baileyrichard12@...>
                > wrote:
                >

                > > Josh My Name Richard Bailey
                > > I do not know what problem you are having since you did not state
                it in
                > > your email I am new myself so maybe we can help each other out
                let me
                > > know maybe we can get the answer for eachother

              • Andrew Priest
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 7, 2008
                  Dear Richard is it?

                  With respect to the second owner review. Can you please provide the message
                  number. You can search for it via the archives at
                  http://groups.yahoo.com/group/backpackgeartest/ . Have you also checked the
                  OR queue which is posted here regularly by Jamie. You can see if your OR is
                  listed and where it is in the queue.

                  Also can you please sign your emails and in this case we also need your
                  family name. Hard to follow this up when you don't provide your details :(

                  As to more information. Your first starting point should be the
                  documentation at BackpackGearTest.org. I suggest you check out the the link
                  <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/lesson.php?lesson=BecomeTester&page=1>
                  which is called "How to Become a Tester."

                  It also appears that you need the help of a mentor. I would be very
                  surprised if this was not suggested to you early on when your first OR was
                  rejected. I suggest you send an email to
                  mentor@... a mentor be assigned to you.

                  read further details on both these suggestions on the front page.

                  Regards
                  Andrew Priest

                  --
                  Senior Edit Moderator

                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 12, 2008
                    Hi Richard,

                    I don't have either of your reports in the queue. Will you please
                    post mesage numbers so I can check and see why they have not been
                    added. Sorry about the mix-up here. I may have just missed them.

                    Jamie D
                    Edit Admin Manager

                    --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "baileyrichard12"

                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 17, 2008
                      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Jamie D." <jdeben@...>
                      wrote:

                      > Hi Richard,
                      >
                      > I don't have either of your reports in the queue. Will you please
                      > post mesage numbers so I can check and see why they have not been
                      > added. Sorry about the mix-up here. I may have just missed them.
                      >
                      > Jamie D
                      > Edit Admin Manager
                      >
                      > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "baileyrichard12"
                      > <baileyrichard12@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Leesa
                      > > I have submitted 2 entries for review the one was declined and I
                      > have
                      > > not seen the second one or been told where it stands? I replied
                      > > the one that said that it was not good enough when I replied I
                      > > requested what more information I can provide I have yet to hear
                      > back
                      > > on that subject as of yet so I do not currently know where I am
                      at
                      > in
                      > > the process
                      > > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@>
                      wrote:

                      I do not know the message numbers or where to locate this info please
                      let me know at my email addy baileyrichard12@... so I can get
                      you this info
                      Message 10 of 20 , Apr 18, 2008
                        Hi Richard,

                        All coorespondance takes place on the yahoo group. If you know the
                        date you sent your OR to the group that would be the best place to
                        begin. The message number is listed in the upper right corner of
                        the message.

                        If you can't find it then I would suggest resending it to the
                        group. I will take a look and if it meets all the initial
                        requirements we have spelled out in the "How to Become a Tester"
                        guide on the main BGT website -

                        It will be added to the edit queue and you will see a message to
                        that effect posted on the list. You will need to monitor the list
                        for this message and subsequent messages from your editor when the
                        OR is picked up.

                        Hope that clears things up. If not, you may want to look into our
                        mentoring program. This involves having a seasoned BGT tester take
                        you under their wing and help you learn the ropes. Email mentor
                        (at) backpackgeartest.org if you want help.

                        Safe hiking,
                        Jamie D
                        Edit Admin Manager