RE: [BackpackGearTest] Tester Agreement?

  • Andrew Buskov
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 4 8:04 AM
      Hmmm... you forget.. I edit your reports. Maybe I ought to change that red
      ledge edit that I just did... not enough red ink. Don't make me have ot
      borrow Pam's red pen!

      AB

      _____
      Visit Corridor9
      http://www.corridor9.net
      ____________________________

      > Hey...hey...hey .....that's enough out of you. You
      > still want gear don't you? You better watch it. hahaha

      > --- Andrew Buskov <rescue@...> wrote:
      >
      > > Oh great... he's getting them! He'll lose them...
      > > you know he will.
      > > Congrats "C". Better you dealing with those apps
      > > than me. ROFL
      > >
      > > AB
    • Chuck Carnes
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 4 9:30 AM
        Maybe so....that's fair enough.

        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 4 6:09 PM
          Hi Ralph

          As Leesa said, but do add United States :-)

          Andrew

          --
          Senior Edit Moderator

        • Sam Ingarfield
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 4 11:37 PM
            Actually, to add to this, more often than not they don't know where to
            deliver it when you 'just put SC' on the envelope...I've had many
            letters bounce from the united states when i've abreviated the
            state...and usually I've only abreviated the state cause I've copied the
            address from another source and i've got no bloody idea what the
            abreviation expands to!

            Also a suggestion - on the document that specifies this address, add
            'United States' down the bottom, I'm sure many people don't know that
            this group is centred in the US....I had to think twice. We don't want
            any letters ending up in seychelles do we? (SC is the country code for
            seychelles)

            Sam.

            Andrew Priest wrote:

            > Hi Ralph
            >
            > As Leesa said, but do add United States :-)
            >
            > Andrew
            >
            > On 04/04/2008, Leesa J <leesaj@... <mailto:leesaj%40gmail.com>>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > South Carolina - although if you just put SC on the envelop, the postal
            > > service would know where to deliver it.
            > >
            > > Leesa
            > >

            > --
            > Senior Edit Moderator

          • amatbrewer
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 7 8:46 AM
              Crap!!! I mailed my agreement on 2 Jan and just recieved it back
              today?!?! I will get it out to the correct address ASAP. Hope this
              does not interfeer with the applications I have submitted.

              --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@...>
              wrote:

              > Here you go:
              >

              > C Carnes
              > 18 E Earle Street
              > Greenville, SC 29609
              >

              > The address on the document is wrong - but just put this on on the
              envelop
              > and you are good to go!
              >
              > Leesa
              >
              > On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Josh Coatsworth <coatsworthj@...>
              > wrote:
              >
              > > Does anyone have a solution for this problem yet? I would like
              to get my
              > > agreement out before my second OR is done.
              > >
              > > Thanks, Josh

            • Leesa J
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 7 9:16 AM
                If you are selected, before it arrives - someone will contact you.

                Leesa

                On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 11:46 AM, amatbrewer <david.wilkes@...>
                wrote:

                > Crap!!! I mailed my agreement on 2 Jan and just recieved it back
                > today?!?! I will get it out to the correct address ASAP. Hope this
                > does not interfeer with the applications I have submitted.
                >
                > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com<BackpackGearTest%40yahoogroups.com>,
                > "Leesa J" <leesaj@...>
                > wrote:
                >

                > > Here you go:
                > >

                > > C Carnes
                > > 18 E Earle Street
                > > Greenville, SC 29609
                > >

                > > The address on the document is wrong - but just put this on on the
                > envelop
                > > and you are good to go!
                > >
                > > Leesa
                > >
                > > On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Josh Coatsworth <coatsworthj@...>
                > > wrote:
                > >
                > > > Does anyone have a solution for this problem yet? I would like
                > to get my
                > > > agreement out before my second OR is done.
                > > >
                > > > Thanks, Josh

              • baileyrichard12
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 7 7:09 PM
                  Leesa
                  I have submitted 2 entries for review the one was declined and I have
                  not seen the second one or been told where it stands? I replied to
                  the one that said that it was not good enough when I replied I
                  requested what more information I can provide I have yet to hear back
                  on that subject as of yet so I do not currently know where I am at in
                  the process
                  --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@...> wrote:

                  > Richard,
                  >
                  > I'm the List Administrator for the testing group - and don't spend
                  a lot of
                  > time on this list (which is for Owner Review's), so I'm not sure
                  where you
                  > are in the process. Have you submitted your Owner Reviews? or just
                  getting
                  > started?
                  >
                  > Leesa
                  >
                  > On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 8:10 PM, baileyrichard12
                  <baileyrichard12@...>
                  > wrote:
                  >

                  > > Josh My Name Richard Bailey
                  > > I do not know what problem you are having since you did not state
                  it in
                  > > your email I am new myself so maybe we can help each other out
                  let me
                  > > know maybe we can get the answer for eachother

                • Andrew Priest
                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 7 7:23 PM
                    Dear Richard is it?

                    With respect to the second owner review. Can you please provide the message
                    number. You can search for it via the archives at
                    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/backpackgeartest/ . Have you also checked the
                    OR queue which is posted here regularly by Jamie. You can see if your OR is
                    listed and where it is in the queue.

                    Also can you please sign your emails and in this case we also need your
                    family name. Hard to follow this up when you don't provide your details :(

                    As to more information. Your first starting point should be the
                    documentation at BackpackGearTest.org. I suggest you check out the the link
                    <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/lesson.php?lesson=BecomeTester&page=1>
                    which is called "How to Become a Tester."

                    It also appears that you need the help of a mentor. I would be very
                    surprised if this was not suggested to you early on when your first OR was
                    rejected. I suggest you send an email to
                    mentor@... a mentor be assigned to you.

                    read further details on both these suggestions on the front page.

                    Regards
                    Andrew Priest

                    --
                    Senior Edit Moderator

                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 12 4:38 PM
                      Hi Richard,

                      I don't have either of your reports in the queue. Will you please
                      post mesage numbers so I can check and see why they have not been
                      added. Sorry about the mix-up here. I may have just missed them.

                      Jamie D
                      Edit Admin Manager

                      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "baileyrichard12"

                      Message 10 of 20 , Apr 17 2:06 PM
                        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Jamie D." <jdeben@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Hi Richard,
                        >
                        > I don't have either of your reports in the queue. Will you please
                        > post mesage numbers so I can check and see why they have not been
                        > added. Sorry about the mix-up here. I may have just missed them.
                        >
                        > Jamie D
                        > Edit Admin Manager
                        >
                        > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "baileyrichard12"
                        > <baileyrichard12@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Leesa
                        > > I have submitted 2 entries for review the one was declined and I
                        > have
                        > > not seen the second one or been told where it stands? I replied
                        > > the one that said that it was not good enough when I replied I
                        > > requested what more information I can provide I have yet to hear
                        > back
                        > > on that subject as of yet so I do not currently know where I am
                        at
                        > in
                        > > the process
                        > > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@>
                        wrote:

                        I do not know the message numbers or where to locate this info please
                        let me know at my email addy baileyrichard12@... so I can get
                        you this info
                        Message 11 of 20 , Apr 18 11:52 PM
                          Hi Richard,

                          All coorespondance takes place on the yahoo group. If you know the
                          date you sent your OR to the group that would be the best place to
                          begin. The message number is listed in the upper right corner of
                          the message.

                          If you can't find it then I would suggest resending it to the
                          group. I will take a look and if it meets all the initial
                          requirements we have spelled out in the "How to Become a Tester"
                          guide on the main BGT website -

                          It will be added to the edit queue and you will see a message to
                          that effect posted on the list. You will need to monitor the list
                          for this message and subsequent messages from your editor when the
                          OR is picked up.

                          Hope that clears things up. If not, you may want to look into our
                          mentoring program. This involves having a seasoned BGT tester take
                          you under their wing and help you learn the ropes. Email mentor
                          (at) backpackgeartest.org if you want help.

                          Safe hiking,
                          Jamie D
                          Edit Admin Manager