RE: [BackpackGearTest] Tester Agreement?

  • Andrew Buskov
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
      Oh great... he's getting them! He'll lose them... you know he will.
      Congrats "C". Better you dealing with those apps than me. ROFL

      AB

      _____
      Visit Corridor9
      http://www.corridor9.net
      ____________________________

      > Here you go:
      >

      > C Carnes
      > 18 E Earle Street
      > Greenville, SC 29609
    • Chuck Carnes
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
        Hey...hey...hey .....that's enough out of you. You
        still want gear don't you? You better watch it. hahaha

        --- Andrew Buskov <rescue@...> wrote:

        > Oh great... he's getting them! He'll lose them...
        > you know he will.
        > Congrats "C". Better you dealing with those apps
        > than me. ROFL
        >
        > AB
        >
        > _____
        > Visit Corridor9
        > Blogging about BackpackGearTest.org, Firefighting,
        > Linux, Hiking and more!
        > http://www.corridor9.net
        > ____________________________
        >

        > > Here you go:
        > >

        > > C Carnes
        > > 18 E Earle Street
        > > Greenville, SC 29609

      • Andrew Buskov
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
          Hmmm... you forget.. I edit your reports. Maybe I ought to change that red
          ledge edit that I just did... not enough red ink. Don't make me have ot
          borrow Pam's red pen!

          AB

          _____
          Visit Corridor9
          http://www.corridor9.net
          ____________________________

          > Hey...hey...hey .....that's enough out of you. You
          > still want gear don't you? You better watch it. hahaha

          > --- Andrew Buskov <rescue@...> wrote:
          >
          > > Oh great... he's getting them! He'll lose them...
          > > you know he will.
          > > Congrats "C". Better you dealing with those apps
          > > than me. ROFL
          > >
          > > AB
        • Chuck Carnes
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
            Maybe so....that's fair enough.

            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
              Hi Ralph

              As Leesa said, but do add United States :-)

              Andrew

              --
              Senior Edit Moderator

            • Sam Ingarfield
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
                Actually, to add to this, more often than not they don't know where to
                deliver it when you 'just put SC' on the envelope...I've had many
                letters bounce from the united states when i've abreviated the
                state...and usually I've only abreviated the state cause I've copied the
                address from another source and i've got no bloody idea what the
                abreviation expands to!

                Also a suggestion - on the document that specifies this address, add
                'United States' down the bottom, I'm sure many people don't know that
                this group is centred in the US....I had to think twice. We don't want
                any letters ending up in seychelles do we? (SC is the country code for
                seychelles)

                Sam.

                Andrew Priest wrote:

                > Hi Ralph
                >
                > As Leesa said, but do add United States :-)
                >
                > Andrew
                >
                > On 04/04/2008, Leesa J <leesaj@... <mailto:leesaj%40gmail.com>>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > South Carolina - although if you just put SC on the envelop, the postal
                > > service would know where to deliver it.
                > >
                > > Leesa
                > >

                > --
                > Senior Edit Moderator

              • amatbrewer
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 7, 2008
                  Crap!!! I mailed my agreement on 2 Jan and just recieved it back
                  today?!?! I will get it out to the correct address ASAP. Hope this
                  does not interfeer with the applications I have submitted.

                  --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Here you go:
                  >

                  > C Carnes
                  > 18 E Earle Street
                  > Greenville, SC 29609
                  >

                  > The address on the document is wrong - but just put this on on the
                  envelop
                  > and you are good to go!
                  >
                  > Leesa
                  >
                  > On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Josh Coatsworth <coatsworthj@...>
                  > wrote:
                  >
                  > > Does anyone have a solution for this problem yet? I would like
                  to get my
                  > > agreement out before my second OR is done.
                  > >
                  > > Thanks, Josh

                • Leesa J
                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 7, 2008
                    If you are selected, before it arrives - someone will contact you.

                    Leesa

                    On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 11:46 AM, amatbrewer <david.wilkes@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Crap!!! I mailed my agreement on 2 Jan and just recieved it back
                    > today?!?! I will get it out to the correct address ASAP. Hope this
                    > does not interfeer with the applications I have submitted.
                    >
                    > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com<BackpackGearTest%40yahoogroups.com>,
                    > "Leesa J" <leesaj@...>
                    > wrote:
                    >

                    > > Here you go:
                    > >

                    > > C Carnes
                    > > 18 E Earle Street
                    > > Greenville, SC 29609
                    > >

                    > > The address on the document is wrong - but just put this on on the
                    > envelop
                    > > and you are good to go!
                    > >
                    > > Leesa
                    > >
                    > > On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Josh Coatsworth <coatsworthj@...>
                    > > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > > Does anyone have a solution for this problem yet? I would like
                    > to get my
                    > > > agreement out before my second OR is done.
                    > > >
                    > > > Thanks, Josh

                  • baileyrichard12
                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 7, 2008
                      Leesa
                      I have submitted 2 entries for review the one was declined and I have
                      not seen the second one or been told where it stands? I replied to
                      the one that said that it was not good enough when I replied I
                      requested what more information I can provide I have yet to hear back
                      on that subject as of yet so I do not currently know where I am at in
                      the process
                      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@...> wrote:

                      > Richard,
                      >
                      > I'm the List Administrator for the testing group - and don't spend
                      a lot of
                      > time on this list (which is for Owner Review's), so I'm not sure
                      where you
                      > are in the process. Have you submitted your Owner Reviews? or just
                      getting
                      > started?
                      >
                      > Leesa
                      >
                      > On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 8:10 PM, baileyrichard12
                      <baileyrichard12@...>
                      > wrote:
                      >

                      > > Josh My Name Richard Bailey
                      > > I do not know what problem you are having since you did not state
                      it in
                      > > your email I am new myself so maybe we can help each other out
                      let me
                      > > know maybe we can get the answer for eachother

                    • Andrew Priest
                      Message 10 of 20 , Apr 7, 2008
                        Dear Richard is it?

                        With respect to the second owner review. Can you please provide the message
                        number. You can search for it via the archives at
                        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/backpackgeartest/ . Have you also checked the
                        OR queue which is posted here regularly by Jamie. You can see if your OR is
                        listed and where it is in the queue.

                        Also can you please sign your emails and in this case we also need your
                        family name. Hard to follow this up when you don't provide your details :(

                        As to more information. Your first starting point should be the
                        documentation at BackpackGearTest.org. I suggest you check out the the link
                        <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/lesson.php?lesson=BecomeTester&page=1>
                        which is called "How to Become a Tester."

                        It also appears that you need the help of a mentor. I would be very
                        surprised if this was not suggested to you early on when your first OR was
                        rejected. I suggest you send an email to
                        mentor@... a mentor be assigned to you.

                        read further details on both these suggestions on the front page.

                        Regards
                        Andrew Priest

                        --
                        Senior Edit Moderator

                        Message 11 of 20 , Apr 12, 2008
                          Hi Richard,

                          I don't have either of your reports in the queue. Will you please
                          post mesage numbers so I can check and see why they have not been
                          added. Sorry about the mix-up here. I may have just missed them.

                          Jamie D
                          Edit Admin Manager

                          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "baileyrichard12"

                          Message 12 of 20 , Apr 17, 2008
                            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Jamie D." <jdeben@...>
                            wrote:

                            > Hi Richard,
                            >
                            > I don't have either of your reports in the queue. Will you please
                            > post mesage numbers so I can check and see why they have not been
                            > added. Sorry about the mix-up here. I may have just missed them.
                            >
                            > Jamie D
                            > Edit Admin Manager
                            >
                            > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "baileyrichard12"
                            > <baileyrichard12@> wrote:
                            > >
                            > > Leesa
                            > > I have submitted 2 entries for review the one was declined and I
                            > have
                            > > not seen the second one or been told where it stands? I replied
                            > > the one that said that it was not good enough when I replied I
                            > > requested what more information I can provide I have yet to hear
                            > back
                            > > on that subject as of yet so I do not currently know where I am
                            at
                            > in
                            > > the process
                            > > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@>
                            wrote:

                            I do not know the message numbers or where to locate this info please
                            let me know at my email addy baileyrichard12@... so I can get
                            you this info
                            Message 13 of 20 , Apr 18, 2008
                              Hi Richard,

                              All coorespondance takes place on the yahoo group. If you know the
                              date you sent your OR to the group that would be the best place to
                              begin. The message number is listed in the upper right corner of
                              the message.

                              If you can't find it then I would suggest resending it to the
                              group. I will take a look and if it meets all the initial
                              requirements we have spelled out in the "How to Become a Tester"
                              guide on the main BGT website -

                              It will be added to the edit queue and you will see a message to
                              that effect posted on the list. You will need to monitor the list
                              for this message and subsequent messages from your editor when the
                              OR is picked up.

                              Hope that clears things up. If not, you may want to look into our
                              mentoring program. This involves having a seasoned BGT tester take
                              you under their wing and help you learn the ropes. Email mentor
                              (at) backpackgeartest.org if you want help.

                              Safe hiking,
                              Jamie D
                              Edit Admin Manager