RE: [BackpackGearTest] Tester Agreement?

  • Ralph Ditton
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 4 7:23 AM
      Thanks Leesa,

      I guess the postie knows the code for your states but I certainly don't and
      have no intention of learning them.

      Ralph

      _____

      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 4 7:27 AM
        Oh great... he's getting them! He'll lose them... you know he will.
        Congrats "C". Better you dealing with those apps than me. ROFL

        AB

        _____
        Visit Corridor9
        http://www.corridor9.net
        ____________________________

        > Here you go:
        >

        > C Carnes
        > 18 E Earle Street
        > Greenville, SC 29609
      • Chuck Carnes
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 4 7:54 AM
          Hey...hey...hey .....that's enough out of you. You
          still want gear don't you? You better watch it. hahaha

          --- Andrew Buskov <rescue@...> wrote:

          > Oh great... he's getting them! He'll lose them...
          > you know he will.
          > Congrats "C". Better you dealing with those apps
          > than me. ROFL
          >
          > AB
          >
          > _____
          > Visit Corridor9
          > Blogging about BackpackGearTest.org, Firefighting,
          > Linux, Hiking and more!
          > http://www.corridor9.net
          > ____________________________
          >

          > > Here you go:
          > >

          > > C Carnes
          > > 18 E Earle Street
          > > Greenville, SC 29609

        • Andrew Buskov
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 4 8:04 AM
            Hmmm... you forget.. I edit your reports. Maybe I ought to change that red
            ledge edit that I just did... not enough red ink. Don't make me have ot
            borrow Pam's red pen!

            AB

            _____
            Visit Corridor9
            http://www.corridor9.net
            ____________________________

            > Hey...hey...hey .....that's enough out of you. You
            > still want gear don't you? You better watch it. hahaha

            > --- Andrew Buskov <rescue@...> wrote:
            >
            > > Oh great... he's getting them! He'll lose them...
            > > you know he will.
            > > Congrats "C". Better you dealing with those apps
            > > than me. ROFL
            > >
            > > AB
          • Chuck Carnes
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 4 9:30 AM
              Maybe so....that's fair enough.

              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 4 6:09 PM
                Hi Ralph

                As Leesa said, but do add United States :-)

                Andrew

                --
                Senior Edit Moderator

              • Sam Ingarfield
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 4 11:37 PM
                  Actually, to add to this, more often than not they don't know where to
                  deliver it when you 'just put SC' on the envelope...I've had many
                  letters bounce from the united states when i've abreviated the
                  state...and usually I've only abreviated the state cause I've copied the
                  address from another source and i've got no bloody idea what the
                  abreviation expands to!

                  Also a suggestion - on the document that specifies this address, add
                  'United States' down the bottom, I'm sure many people don't know that
                  this group is centred in the US....I had to think twice. We don't want
                  any letters ending up in seychelles do we? (SC is the country code for
                  seychelles)

                  Sam.

                  Andrew Priest wrote:

                  > Hi Ralph
                  >
                  > As Leesa said, but do add United States :-)
                  >
                  > Andrew
                  >
                  > On 04/04/2008, Leesa J <leesaj@... <mailto:leesaj%40gmail.com>>
                  > wrote:
                  > >
                  > > South Carolina - although if you just put SC on the envelop, the postal
                  > > service would know where to deliver it.
                  > >
                  > > Leesa
                  > >

                  > --
                  > Senior Edit Moderator

                • amatbrewer
                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 7 8:46 AM
                    Crap!!! I mailed my agreement on 2 Jan and just recieved it back
                    today?!?! I will get it out to the correct address ASAP. Hope this
                    does not interfeer with the applications I have submitted.

                    --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Here you go:
                    >

                    > C Carnes
                    > 18 E Earle Street
                    > Greenville, SC 29609
                    >

                    > The address on the document is wrong - but just put this on on the
                    envelop
                    > and you are good to go!
                    >
                    > Leesa
                    >
                    > On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Josh Coatsworth <coatsworthj@...>
                    > wrote:
                    >
                    > > Does anyone have a solution for this problem yet? I would like
                    to get my
                    > > agreement out before my second OR is done.
                    > >
                    > > Thanks, Josh

                  • Leesa J
                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 7 9:16 AM
                      If you are selected, before it arrives - someone will contact you.

                      Leesa

                      On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 11:46 AM, amatbrewer <david.wilkes@...>
                      wrote:

                      > Crap!!! I mailed my agreement on 2 Jan and just recieved it back
                      > today?!?! I will get it out to the correct address ASAP. Hope this
                      > does not interfeer with the applications I have submitted.
                      >
                      > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com<BackpackGearTest%40yahoogroups.com>,
                      > "Leesa J" <leesaj@...>
                      > wrote:
                      >

                      > > Here you go:
                      > >

                      > > C Carnes
                      > > 18 E Earle Street
                      > > Greenville, SC 29609
                      > >

                      > > The address on the document is wrong - but just put this on on the
                      > envelop
                      > > and you are good to go!
                      > >
                      > > Leesa
                      > >
                      > > On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Josh Coatsworth <coatsworthj@...>
                      > > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > > Does anyone have a solution for this problem yet? I would like
                      > to get my
                      > > > agreement out before my second OR is done.
                      > > >
                      > > > Thanks, Josh

                    • baileyrichard12
                      Message 10 of 20 , Apr 7 7:09 PM
                        Leesa
                        I have submitted 2 entries for review the one was declined and I have
                        not seen the second one or been told where it stands? I replied to
                        the one that said that it was not good enough when I replied I
                        requested what more information I can provide I have yet to hear back
                        on that subject as of yet so I do not currently know where I am at in
                        the process
                        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@...> wrote:

                        > Richard,
                        >
                        > I'm the List Administrator for the testing group - and don't spend
                        a lot of
                        > time on this list (which is for Owner Review's), so I'm not sure
                        where you
                        > are in the process. Have you submitted your Owner Reviews? or just
                        getting
                        > started?
                        >
                        > Leesa
                        >
                        > On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 8:10 PM, baileyrichard12
                        <baileyrichard12@...>
                        > wrote:
                        >

                        > > Josh My Name Richard Bailey
                        > > I do not know what problem you are having since you did not state
                        it in
                        > > your email I am new myself so maybe we can help each other out
                        let me
                        > > know maybe we can get the answer for eachother

                      • Andrew Priest
                        Message 11 of 20 , Apr 7 7:23 PM
                          Dear Richard is it?

                          With respect to the second owner review. Can you please provide the message
                          number. You can search for it via the archives at
                          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/backpackgeartest/ . Have you also checked the
                          OR queue which is posted here regularly by Jamie. You can see if your OR is
                          listed and where it is in the queue.

                          Also can you please sign your emails and in this case we also need your
                          family name. Hard to follow this up when you don't provide your details :(

                          As to more information. Your first starting point should be the
                          documentation at BackpackGearTest.org. I suggest you check out the the link
                          <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/lesson.php?lesson=BecomeTester&page=1>
                          which is called "How to Become a Tester."

                          It also appears that you need the help of a mentor. I would be very
                          surprised if this was not suggested to you early on when your first OR was
                          rejected. I suggest you send an email to
                          mentor@... a mentor be assigned to you.

                          read further details on both these suggestions on the front page.

                          Regards
                          Andrew Priest

                          --
                          Senior Edit Moderator

                          Message 12 of 20 , Apr 12 4:38 PM
                            Hi Richard,

                            I don't have either of your reports in the queue. Will you please
                            post mesage numbers so I can check and see why they have not been
                            added. Sorry about the mix-up here. I may have just missed them.

                            Jamie D
                            Edit Admin Manager

                            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "baileyrichard12"

                            Message 13 of 20 , Apr 17 2:06 PM
                              --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Jamie D." <jdeben@...>
                              wrote:

                              > Hi Richard,
                              >
                              > I don't have either of your reports in the queue. Will you please
                              > post mesage numbers so I can check and see why they have not been
                              > added. Sorry about the mix-up here. I may have just missed them.
                              >
                              > Jamie D
                              > Edit Admin Manager
                              >
                              > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "baileyrichard12"
                              > <baileyrichard12@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > Leesa
                              > > I have submitted 2 entries for review the one was declined and I
                              > have
                              > > not seen the second one or been told where it stands? I replied
                              > > the one that said that it was not good enough when I replied I
                              > > requested what more information I can provide I have yet to hear
                              > back
                              > > on that subject as of yet so I do not currently know where I am
                              at
                              > in
                              > > the process
                              > > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@>
                              wrote:

                              I do not know the message numbers or where to locate this info please
                              let me know at my email addy baileyrichard12@... so I can get
                              you this info
                              Message 14 of 20 , Apr 18 11:52 PM
                                Hi Richard,

                                All coorespondance takes place on the yahoo group. If you know the
                                date you sent your OR to the group that would be the best place to
                                begin. The message number is listed in the upper right corner of
                                the message.

                                If you can't find it then I would suggest resending it to the
                                group. I will take a look and if it meets all the initial
                                requirements we have spelled out in the "How to Become a Tester"
                                guide on the main BGT website -

                                It will be added to the edit queue and you will see a message to
                                that effect posted on the list. You will need to monitor the list
                                for this message and subsequent messages from your editor when the
                                OR is picked up.

                                Hope that clears things up. If not, you may want to look into our
                                mentoring program. This involves having a seasoned BGT tester take
                                you under their wing and help you learn the ropes. Email mentor
                                (at) backpackgeartest.org if you want help.

                                Safe hiking,
                                Jamie D
                                Edit Admin Manager