RE: [BackpackGearTest] Tester Agreement?

  • Ralph Ditton
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
      And what the heck is SC. You need to spell it out for us foreigners who
      don't know your states.

      Ralph

      _____

      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
        South Carolina - although if you just put SC on the envelop, the postal
        service would know where to deliver it.

        Leesa

        On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Ralph Ditton <rdassetts@...>
        wrote:

        > And what the heck is SC. You need to spell it out for us foreigners who
        > don't know your states.
        >
        > Ralph
        >
        > _____

      • Ralph Ditton
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
          Thanks Leesa,

          I guess the postie knows the code for your states but I certainly don't and
          have no intention of learning them.

          Ralph

          _____

          South Carolina - although if you just put SC on the envelop, the postal
          service would know where to deliver it.

          Leesa

          On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Ralph Ditton <rdassetts@optusnet.
          <mailto:rdassetts%40optusnet.com.au> com.au>
          wrote:

          > And what the heck is SC. You need to spell it out for us foreigners who
          > don't know your states.
          >
          > Ralph
          >
          > _____
          >
          > From: BackpackGearTest@ <mailto:BackpackGearTest%40yahoogroups.com>
          yahoogroups.com<BackpackGearTest%40yahoogroups.com>

        • Andrew Buskov
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
            Oh great... he's getting them! He'll lose them... you know he will.
            Congrats "C". Better you dealing with those apps than me. ROFL

            AB

            _____
            Visit Corridor9
            http://www.corridor9.net
            ____________________________

            > Here you go:
            >

            > C Carnes
            > 18 E Earle Street
            > Greenville, SC 29609
          • Chuck Carnes
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
              Hey...hey...hey .....that's enough out of you. You
              still want gear don't you? You better watch it. hahaha

              --- Andrew Buskov <rescue@...> wrote:

              > Oh great... he's getting them! He'll lose them...
              > you know he will.
              > Congrats "C". Better you dealing with those apps
              > than me. ROFL
              >
              > AB
              >
              > _____
              > Visit Corridor9
              > Blogging about BackpackGearTest.org, Firefighting,
              > Linux, Hiking and more!
              > http://www.corridor9.net
              > ____________________________
              >

              > > Here you go:
              > >

              > > C Carnes
              > > 18 E Earle Street
              > > Greenville, SC 29609

            • Andrew Buskov
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
                Hmmm... you forget.. I edit your reports. Maybe I ought to change that red
                ledge edit that I just did... not enough red ink. Don't make me have ot
                borrow Pam's red pen!

                AB

                _____
                Visit Corridor9
                http://www.corridor9.net
                ____________________________

                > Hey...hey...hey .....that's enough out of you. You
                > still want gear don't you? You better watch it. hahaha

                > --- Andrew Buskov <rescue@...> wrote:
                >
                > > Oh great... he's getting them! He'll lose them...
                > > you know he will.
                > > Congrats "C". Better you dealing with those apps
                > > than me. ROFL
                > >
                > > AB
              • Chuck Carnes
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
                  Maybe so....that's fair enough.

                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
                    Hi Ralph

                    As Leesa said, but do add United States :-)

                    Andrew

                    --
                    Senior Edit Moderator

                  • Sam Ingarfield
                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
                      Actually, to add to this, more often than not they don't know where to
                      deliver it when you 'just put SC' on the envelope...I've had many
                      letters bounce from the united states when i've abreviated the
                      state...and usually I've only abreviated the state cause I've copied the
                      address from another source and i've got no bloody idea what the
                      abreviation expands to!

                      Also a suggestion - on the document that specifies this address, add
                      'United States' down the bottom, I'm sure many people don't know that
                      this group is centred in the US....I had to think twice. We don't want
                      any letters ending up in seychelles do we? (SC is the country code for
                      seychelles)

                      Sam.

                      Andrew Priest wrote:

                      > Hi Ralph
                      >
                      > As Leesa said, but do add United States :-)
                      >
                      > Andrew
                      >
                      > On 04/04/2008, Leesa J <leesaj@... <mailto:leesaj%40gmail.com>>
                      > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > South Carolina - although if you just put SC on the envelop, the postal
                      > > service would know where to deliver it.
                      > >
                      > > Leesa
                      > >

                      > --
                      > Senior Edit Moderator

                    • amatbrewer
                      Message 10 of 20 , Apr 7, 2008
                        Crap!!! I mailed my agreement on 2 Jan and just recieved it back
                        today?!?! I will get it out to the correct address ASAP. Hope this
                        does not interfeer with the applications I have submitted.

                        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@...>
                        wrote:

                        > Here you go:
                        >

                        > C Carnes
                        > 18 E Earle Street
                        > Greenville, SC 29609
                        >

                        > The address on the document is wrong - but just put this on on the
                        envelop
                        > and you are good to go!
                        >
                        > Leesa
                        >
                        > On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Josh Coatsworth <coatsworthj@...>
                        > wrote:
                        >
                        > > Does anyone have a solution for this problem yet? I would like
                        to get my
                        > > agreement out before my second OR is done.
                        > >
                        > > Thanks, Josh

                      • Leesa J
                        Message 11 of 20 , Apr 7, 2008
                          If you are selected, before it arrives - someone will contact you.

                          Leesa

                          On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 11:46 AM, amatbrewer <david.wilkes@...>
                          wrote:

                          > Crap!!! I mailed my agreement on 2 Jan and just recieved it back
                          > today?!?! I will get it out to the correct address ASAP. Hope this
                          > does not interfeer with the applications I have submitted.
                          >
                          > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com<BackpackGearTest%40yahoogroups.com>,
                          > "Leesa J" <leesaj@...>
                          > wrote:
                          >

                          > > Here you go:
                          > >

                          > > C Carnes
                          > > 18 E Earle Street
                          > > Greenville, SC 29609
                          > >

                          > > The address on the document is wrong - but just put this on on the
                          > envelop
                          > > and you are good to go!
                          > >
                          > > Leesa
                          > >
                          > > On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Josh Coatsworth <coatsworthj@...>
                          > > wrote:
                          > >
                          > > > Does anyone have a solution for this problem yet? I would like
                          > to get my
                          > > > agreement out before my second OR is done.
                          > > >
                          > > > Thanks, Josh

                        • baileyrichard12
                          Message 12 of 20 , Apr 7, 2008
                            Leesa
                            I have submitted 2 entries for review the one was declined and I have
                            not seen the second one or been told where it stands? I replied to
                            the one that said that it was not good enough when I replied I
                            requested what more information I can provide I have yet to hear back
                            on that subject as of yet so I do not currently know where I am at in
                            the process
                            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@...> wrote:

                            > Richard,
                            >
                            > I'm the List Administrator for the testing group - and don't spend
                            a lot of
                            > time on this list (which is for Owner Review's), so I'm not sure
                            where you
                            > are in the process. Have you submitted your Owner Reviews? or just
                            getting
                            > started?
                            >
                            > Leesa
                            >
                            > On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 8:10 PM, baileyrichard12
                            <baileyrichard12@...>
                            > wrote:
                            >

                            > > Josh My Name Richard Bailey
                            > > I do not know what problem you are having since you did not state
                            it in
                            > > your email I am new myself so maybe we can help each other out
                            let me
                            > > know maybe we can get the answer for eachother

                          • Andrew Priest
                            Message 13 of 20 , Apr 7, 2008
                              Dear Richard is it?

                              With respect to the second owner review. Can you please provide the message
                              number. You can search for it via the archives at
                              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/backpackgeartest/ . Have you also checked the
                              OR queue which is posted here regularly by Jamie. You can see if your OR is
                              listed and where it is in the queue.

                              Also can you please sign your emails and in this case we also need your
                              family name. Hard to follow this up when you don't provide your details :(

                              As to more information. Your first starting point should be the
                              documentation at BackpackGearTest.org. I suggest you check out the the link
                              <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/lesson.php?lesson=BecomeTester&page=1>
                              which is called "How to Become a Tester."

                              It also appears that you need the help of a mentor. I would be very
                              surprised if this was not suggested to you early on when your first OR was
                              rejected. I suggest you send an email to
                              mentor@... a mentor be assigned to you.

                              read further details on both these suggestions on the front page.

                              Regards
                              Andrew Priest

                              --
                              Senior Edit Moderator

                              Message 14 of 20 , Apr 12, 2008
                                Hi Richard,

                                I don't have either of your reports in the queue. Will you please
                                post mesage numbers so I can check and see why they have not been
                                added. Sorry about the mix-up here. I may have just missed them.

                                Jamie D
                                Edit Admin Manager

                                --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "baileyrichard12"

                                Message 15 of 20 , Apr 17, 2008
                                  --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Jamie D." <jdeben@...>
                                  wrote:

                                  > Hi Richard,
                                  >
                                  > I don't have either of your reports in the queue. Will you please
                                  > post mesage numbers so I can check and see why they have not been
                                  > added. Sorry about the mix-up here. I may have just missed them.
                                  >
                                  > Jamie D
                                  > Edit Admin Manager
                                  >
                                  > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "baileyrichard12"
                                  > <baileyrichard12@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > Leesa
                                  > > I have submitted 2 entries for review the one was declined and I
                                  > have
                                  > > not seen the second one or been told where it stands? I replied
                                  > > the one that said that it was not good enough when I replied I
                                  > > requested what more information I can provide I have yet to hear
                                  > back
                                  > > on that subject as of yet so I do not currently know where I am
                                  at
                                  > in
                                  > > the process
                                  > > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@>
                                  wrote:

                                  I do not know the message numbers or where to locate this info please
                                  let me know at my email addy baileyrichard12@... so I can get
                                  you this info
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Apr 18, 2008
                                    Hi Richard,

                                    All coorespondance takes place on the yahoo group. If you know the
                                    date you sent your OR to the group that would be the best place to
                                    begin. The message number is listed in the upper right corner of
                                    the message.

                                    If you can't find it then I would suggest resending it to the
                                    group. I will take a look and if it meets all the initial
                                    requirements we have spelled out in the "How to Become a Tester"
                                    guide on the main BGT website -

                                    It will be added to the edit queue and you will see a message to
                                    that effect posted on the list. You will need to monitor the list
                                    for this message and subsequent messages from your editor when the
                                    OR is picked up.

                                    Hope that clears things up. If not, you may want to look into our
                                    mentoring program. This involves having a seasoned BGT tester take
                                    you under their wing and help you learn the ropes. Email mentor
                                    (at) backpackgeartest.org if you want help.

                                    Safe hiking,
                                    Jamie D
                                    Edit Admin Manager