Ashley Massarini Please Read - Re: CABELAS GUIDE SERIES 8 MAN TENT

    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3, 2008

      reviews before submission.

      Jenn K., the mentor coordinator, at (mentor (at)
      backpackgeartest.org).

      Moderator.

      will use APPROVED in the subject line.

      the list or contact me directly.

      Edit Administration Manager
    • S
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 11, 2008
        Hello Ashley,

        Thank you for your Owner Review. Unfortunately, your review cannot be accepted for
        editing. The reviews at BackpackGearTest.org need to be focused on backpacking and it
        seems this tent was not used for that purpose. In addition, the review was lacking a
        product description. It is not uncommon for new writers to need a bit more help before
        their first OR is ready for the editing process. At this point you have two options:

        1) Mentoring Program – This program teams new reviewers with
        experienced veterans to help get them through their first review(s).
        If you'd like more assistance or guidance with the process you can
        request a mentor by sending an email to the mentor coordinator, Jenn
        K, at mentor (at) backpackgeartest.org - Please use MENTOR REQUEST
        in the subject line.

        2) Take a second look at our Owner Review requirements spelled out
        in the How to Become a Tester section of our webpage (link below).
        In addition to this material we suggest reading some recently
        approved owner reviews to get a feel for what the BGT standards are.

        Regardless of which option you take, we certainly hope you will give
        it another go. Our standards are high but that benefits us all. We
        look forward to seeing your reviews in the near future.

        Sheila
        OR Editor
      • Andrew Priest
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 11, 2008
          G'day Ashley

          Just a small clarification. We do accept Owner Reviews on car camping gear
          and we are looking to get into more testing of this type of gear.

          The above notwithstanding, Sheila was quite correct in suggesting you work
          with a mentor on this one Ashley so that you get a better idea of what we
          are looking for. Your OR at this point is really not at stage an Editor can
          get involved. We try to balance the work load between the editors and the
          mentors as we are all voluntaries.

          I look forward to seeing your update review soon.

          All the best.

          Andrew

          --
          Senior Edit Moderator