Tester Agreement?

  • Josh Coatsworth
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 3, 2008
      Does anyone have a solution for this problem yet? I would like to get my agreement out before my second OR is done.

      Thanks, Josh

    • baileyrichard12
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 3, 2008
        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Josh Coatsworth
        <coatsworthj@...> wrote:

        > Does anyone have a solution for this problem yet? I would like to
        get my agreement out before my second OR is done.

        > Thanks, Josh

        Josh My Name Richard Bailey
        I do not know what problem you are having since you did not state it in
        your email I am new myself so maybe we can help each other out let me
        know maybe we can get the answer for eachother
      • Leesa J
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
          Here you go:

          C Carnes
          18 E Earle Street
          Greenville, SC 29609

          The address on the document is wrong - but just put this on on the envelop
          and you are good to go!

          Leesa

          On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Josh Coatsworth <coatsworthj@...>
          wrote:

          > Does anyone have a solution for this problem yet? I would like to get my
          > agreement out before my second OR is done.
          >
          > Thanks, Josh

        • Leesa J
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
            Richard,

            I'm the List Administrator for the testing group - and don't spend a lot of
            time on this list (which is for Owner Review's), so I'm not sure where you
            are in the process. Have you submitted your Owner Reviews? or just getting
            started?

            Leesa

            On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 8:10 PM, baileyrichard12 <baileyrichard12@...>
            wrote:

            > Josh My Name Richard Bailey
            > I do not know what problem you are having since you did not state it in
            > your email I am new myself so maybe we can help each other out let me
            > know maybe we can get the answer for eachother

          • Ralph Ditton
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
              And what the heck is SC. You need to spell it out for us foreigners who
              don't know your states.

              Ralph

              _____

              The address on the document is wrong - but just put this on on the envelop
              and you are good to go!

              Leesa

              On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Josh Coatsworth <coatsworthj@
              <mailto:coatsworthj%40yahoo.com> yahoo.com>
              wrote:

              > Does anyone have a solution for this problem yet? I would like to get my
              > agreement out before my second OR is done.
              >
              > Thanks, Josh

            • Leesa J
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
                South Carolina - although if you just put SC on the envelop, the postal
                service would know where to deliver it.

                Leesa

                On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Ralph Ditton <rdassetts@...>
                wrote:

                > And what the heck is SC. You need to spell it out for us foreigners who
                > don't know your states.
                >
                > Ralph
                >
                > _____

              • Ralph Ditton
                Message 7 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
                  Thanks Leesa,

                  I guess the postie knows the code for your states but I certainly don't and
                  have no intention of learning them.

                  Ralph

                  _____

                  South Carolina - although if you just put SC on the envelop, the postal
                  service would know where to deliver it.

                  Leesa

                  On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Ralph Ditton <rdassetts@optusnet.
                  <mailto:rdassetts%40optusnet.com.au> com.au>
                  wrote:

                  > And what the heck is SC. You need to spell it out for us foreigners who
                  > don't know your states.
                  >
                  > Ralph
                  >
                  > _____
                  >
                  > From: BackpackGearTest@ <mailto:BackpackGearTest%40yahoogroups.com>
                  yahoogroups.com<BackpackGearTest%40yahoogroups.com>

                • Andrew Buskov
                  Message 8 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
                    Oh great... he's getting them! He'll lose them... you know he will.
                    Congrats "C". Better you dealing with those apps than me. ROFL

                    AB

                    _____
                    Visit Corridor9
                    http://www.corridor9.net
                    ____________________________

                    > Here you go:
                    >

                    > C Carnes
                    > 18 E Earle Street
                    > Greenville, SC 29609
                  • Chuck Carnes
                    Message 9 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
                      Hey...hey...hey .....that's enough out of you. You
                      still want gear don't you? You better watch it. hahaha

                      --- Andrew Buskov <rescue@...> wrote:

                      > Oh great... he's getting them! He'll lose them...
                      > you know he will.
                      > Congrats "C". Better you dealing with those apps
                      > than me. ROFL
                      >
                      > AB
                      >
                      > _____
                      > Visit Corridor9
                      > Blogging about BackpackGearTest.org, Firefighting,
                      > Linux, Hiking and more!
                      > http://www.corridor9.net
                      > ____________________________
                      >

                      > > Here you go:
                      > >

                      > > C Carnes
                      > > 18 E Earle Street
                      > > Greenville, SC 29609

                    • Andrew Buskov
                      Message 10 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
                        Hmmm... you forget.. I edit your reports. Maybe I ought to change that red
                        ledge edit that I just did... not enough red ink. Don't make me have ot
                        borrow Pam's red pen!

                        AB

                        _____
                        Visit Corridor9
                        http://www.corridor9.net
                        ____________________________

                        > Hey...hey...hey .....that's enough out of you. You
                        > still want gear don't you? You better watch it. hahaha

                        > --- Andrew Buskov <rescue@...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > Oh great... he's getting them! He'll lose them...
                        > > you know he will.
                        > > Congrats "C". Better you dealing with those apps
                        > > than me. ROFL
                        > >
                        > > AB
                      • Chuck Carnes
                        Message 11 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
                          Maybe so....that's fair enough.

                          Message 12 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
                            Hi Ralph

                            As Leesa said, but do add United States :-)

                            Andrew

                            --
                            Senior Edit Moderator

                          • Sam Ingarfield
                            Message 13 of 20 , Apr 4, 2008
                              Actually, to add to this, more often than not they don't know where to
                              deliver it when you 'just put SC' on the envelope...I've had many
                              letters bounce from the united states when i've abreviated the
                              state...and usually I've only abreviated the state cause I've copied the
                              address from another source and i've got no bloody idea what the
                              abreviation expands to!

                              Also a suggestion - on the document that specifies this address, add
                              'United States' down the bottom, I'm sure many people don't know that
                              this group is centred in the US....I had to think twice. We don't want
                              any letters ending up in seychelles do we? (SC is the country code for
                              seychelles)

                              Sam.

                              Andrew Priest wrote:

                              > Hi Ralph
                              >
                              > As Leesa said, but do add United States :-)
                              >
                              > Andrew
                              >
                              > On 04/04/2008, Leesa J <leesaj@... <mailto:leesaj%40gmail.com>>
                              > wrote:
                              > >
                              > > South Carolina - although if you just put SC on the envelop, the postal
                              > > service would know where to deliver it.
                              > >
                              > > Leesa
                              > >

                              > --
                              > Senior Edit Moderator

                            • amatbrewer
                              Message 14 of 20 , Apr 7, 2008
                                Crap!!! I mailed my agreement on 2 Jan and just recieved it back
                                today?!?! I will get it out to the correct address ASAP. Hope this
                                does not interfeer with the applications I have submitted.

                                --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@...>
                                wrote:

                                > Here you go:
                                >

                                > C Carnes
                                > 18 E Earle Street
                                > Greenville, SC 29609
                                >

                                > The address on the document is wrong - but just put this on on the
                                envelop
                                > and you are good to go!
                                >
                                > Leesa
                                >
                                > On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Josh Coatsworth <coatsworthj@...>
                                > wrote:
                                >
                                > > Does anyone have a solution for this problem yet? I would like
                                to get my
                                > > agreement out before my second OR is done.
                                > >
                                > > Thanks, Josh

                              • Leesa J
                                Message 15 of 20 , Apr 7, 2008
                                  If you are selected, before it arrives - someone will contact you.

                                  Leesa

                                  On Mon, Apr 7, 2008 at 11:46 AM, amatbrewer <david.wilkes@...>
                                  wrote:

                                  > Crap!!! I mailed my agreement on 2 Jan and just recieved it back
                                  > today?!?! I will get it out to the correct address ASAP. Hope this
                                  > does not interfeer with the applications I have submitted.
                                  >
                                  > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com<BackpackGearTest%40yahoogroups.com>,
                                  > "Leesa J" <leesaj@...>
                                  > wrote:
                                  >

                                  > > Here you go:
                                  > >

                                  > > C Carnes
                                  > > 18 E Earle Street
                                  > > Greenville, SC 29609
                                  > >

                                  > > The address on the document is wrong - but just put this on on the
                                  > envelop
                                  > > and you are good to go!
                                  > >
                                  > > Leesa
                                  > >
                                  > > On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM, Josh Coatsworth <coatsworthj@...>
                                  > > wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > > Does anyone have a solution for this problem yet? I would like
                                  > to get my
                                  > > > agreement out before my second OR is done.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Thanks, Josh

                                • baileyrichard12
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Apr 7, 2008
                                    Leesa
                                    I have submitted 2 entries for review the one was declined and I have
                                    not seen the second one or been told where it stands? I replied to
                                    the one that said that it was not good enough when I replied I
                                    requested what more information I can provide I have yet to hear back
                                    on that subject as of yet so I do not currently know where I am at in
                                    the process
                                    --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@...> wrote:

                                    > Richard,
                                    >
                                    > I'm the List Administrator for the testing group - and don't spend
                                    a lot of
                                    > time on this list (which is for Owner Review's), so I'm not sure
                                    where you
                                    > are in the process. Have you submitted your Owner Reviews? or just
                                    getting
                                    > started?
                                    >
                                    > Leesa
                                    >
                                    > On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 8:10 PM, baileyrichard12
                                    <baileyrichard12@...>
                                    > wrote:
                                    >

                                    > > Josh My Name Richard Bailey
                                    > > I do not know what problem you are having since you did not state
                                    it in
                                    > > your email I am new myself so maybe we can help each other out
                                    let me
                                    > > know maybe we can get the answer for eachother

                                  • Andrew Priest
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Apr 7, 2008
                                      Dear Richard is it?

                                      With respect to the second owner review. Can you please provide the message
                                      number. You can search for it via the archives at
                                      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/backpackgeartest/ . Have you also checked the
                                      OR queue which is posted here regularly by Jamie. You can see if your OR is
                                      listed and where it is in the queue.

                                      Also can you please sign your emails and in this case we also need your
                                      family name. Hard to follow this up when you don't provide your details :(

                                      As to more information. Your first starting point should be the
                                      documentation at BackpackGearTest.org. I suggest you check out the the link
                                      <http://www.backpackgeartest.org/lesson.php?lesson=BecomeTester&page=1>
                                      which is called "How to Become a Tester."

                                      It also appears that you need the help of a mentor. I would be very
                                      surprised if this was not suggested to you early on when your first OR was
                                      rejected. I suggest you send an email to
                                      mentor@... a mentor be assigned to you.

                                      read further details on both these suggestions on the front page.

                                      Regards
                                      Andrew Priest

                                      --
                                      Senior Edit Moderator

                                      Message 18 of 20 , Apr 12, 2008
                                        Hi Richard,

                                        I don't have either of your reports in the queue. Will you please
                                        post mesage numbers so I can check and see why they have not been
                                        added. Sorry about the mix-up here. I may have just missed them.

                                        Jamie D
                                        Edit Admin Manager

                                        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "baileyrichard12"

                                        Message 19 of 20 , Apr 17, 2008
                                          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Jamie D." <jdeben@...>
                                          wrote:

                                          > Hi Richard,
                                          >
                                          > I don't have either of your reports in the queue. Will you please
                                          > post mesage numbers so I can check and see why they have not been
                                          > added. Sorry about the mix-up here. I may have just missed them.
                                          >
                                          > Jamie D
                                          > Edit Admin Manager
                                          >
                                          > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "baileyrichard12"
                                          > <baileyrichard12@> wrote:
                                          > >
                                          > > Leesa
                                          > > I have submitted 2 entries for review the one was declined and I
                                          > have
                                          > > not seen the second one or been told where it stands? I replied
                                          > > the one that said that it was not good enough when I replied I
                                          > > requested what more information I can provide I have yet to hear
                                          > back
                                          > > on that subject as of yet so I do not currently know where I am
                                          at
                                          > in
                                          > > the process
                                          > > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Leesa J" <leesaj@>
                                          wrote:

                                          I do not know the message numbers or where to locate this info please
                                          let me know at my email addy baileyrichard12@... so I can get
                                          you this info
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Apr 18, 2008
                                            Hi Richard,

                                            All coorespondance takes place on the yahoo group. If you know the
                                            date you sent your OR to the group that would be the best place to
                                            begin. The message number is listed in the upper right corner of
                                            the message.

                                            If you can't find it then I would suggest resending it to the
                                            group. I will take a look and if it meets all the initial
                                            requirements we have spelled out in the "How to Become a Tester"
                                            guide on the main BGT website -

                                            It will be added to the edit queue and you will see a message to
                                            that effect posted on the list. You will need to monitor the list
                                            for this message and subsequent messages from your editor when the
                                            OR is picked up.

                                            Hope that clears things up. If not, you may want to look into our
                                            mentoring program. This involves having a seasoned BGT tester take
                                            you under their wing and help you learn the ropes. Email mentor
                                            (at) backpackgeartest.org if you want help.

                                            Safe hiking,
                                            Jamie D
                                            Edit Admin Manager