Roger back

  • Roger Caffin
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2008
      Hi all

      Back safely from mountians (in Oz). Took mainly lightweight summer gear:
      sleeping bags with only 300 g of down for instance.
      'Early autumn' trip, right? Most nights were sub-zero with frozen water bag
      in the morning, and the summit of Mt Jagungal had ice on the cairn and on
      the grass. It was blowing 'a bit' and thick fog as we went over the top. But
      Sue and I snuggled up at night and were warm enough. It can be done.

      One wonders about trips this winter though ... :-)

      Tidying up all the gear today, so I will be back in action tomorrow.

      Cheers
      Roger Caffin