RE: [BackpackGearTest] Attn Marrk was Re: OWNER REVIEW

  • Mark McLauchlin - Swan Valley IT
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 7, 2008
      Sorry Ray, I apologize.

      Cheers

      _____

      From: BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of rayestrella1
      Sent: Thursday, 7 February 2008 11:40 PM
      To: BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [BackpackGearTest] Attn Marrk was Re: OWNER REVIEW

      --- In BackpackGearTest@ <mailto:BackpackGearTest%40yahoogroups.com>
      yahoogroups.com, "Mark McLauchlin - Swan Valley
      IT" <mark@...> wrote:

      > Not that im an expert but seems a little light..

      > I'm sure one of the mods will pick it up,

      Hello Mark,

      Per the Survival Guide member comments are welcome on both the reviews
      and test reports. But only "after" the editor or test monitor has
      addressed it first. It makes for less confusion and running around in
      circles.

      Thanks,

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 7, 2008
        Welcome to BackpackGearTest. Thank you for your Owner Review, and
        your interest in becoming a tester. Unfortunately, as it stands now
        your review is lacking in some areas and cannot be accepted for
        editing at this time. It is not uncommon for new writers to need a
        bit more help before their first OR is ready for the editing
        process. At this point you have two options.
        1) Mentoring Program – This program teams new reviewers with
        experienced veterans to help get them through their first review(s).
        If you'd like more assistance or guidance with the process you can
        request a mentor by sending an email to the mentor coordinator, Jenn
        K, at mentor (at) backpackgeartest.org - Please use MENTOR REQUEST
        in the subject line.

        2) Take a second look at our Owner Review requirements spelled out
        in the How to Become a Tester section of our webpage (link below).
        In addition to this material we suggest reading some recently
        approved owner reviews to get a feel for what the BGT standards are.

        Regardless of which option you take, you do have a good start here
        and we certainly hope you will give it another go. Our standards
        are high but that benefits us all. We look forward to seeing your
        review again in the near future.

        Edit Administration Manager