EDIT: OWNER REVIEW - MSR Duralite Gourmet Cookset

  • edwardripleyduggan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 28, 2008
      Hello Brian,

      This is quite a good start, but I've flagged some comparatively major
      omissions. I'm wondering if you would benefit from a brief mentoring
      session, something that we offer new BGT writers. Let's handle it this
      way -- please submit a corrected version, let me gauge progress, and
      then make a decision accordingly. When providing the requested field
      details, please don't forget your metric conversions.

      I also wondered why you had written this in the first person
      plural--"we." You have avoided "you," etc., and in general we don't
      stipulate against "we," but this would have much more immediacy if
      written in the first person, "I."

      BGT OR Editor

      > OR

      > January 13, 2008
      > NAME: Brian Wahlert
      > EMAIL: brian (dot) wahlert (at) gmail (dot) com
      > AGE: 30
      > LOCATION: Seattle, WA
      > GENDER: M
      > HEIGHT: 6' 0" (2.10 m)
      > WEIGHT: 175 lb (79.40 kg)
      > I've been camping since I was very young but didn't start
      backpacking until
      > 2002. Since then, I've been on many trips ranging from overnight to
      > nights. Many of my trips have been in Washington state,

      ### EDIT: State

      but I've also
      > backpacked in other places around the U.S. and Canada, including
      > Zion, the Smokies, Jasper, the Na Pali Coast, and Denali. I try to pack
      > light, but balance weight with comfort.
      > Manufacturer: Mountain Safety Research (MSR)
      > Year of Manufacture: 2007
      > Manufacturer's Website: <<HYPERLINK GOES HERE - "http://www.msrcorp.com"
      > LINK TEXT = "http://www.msrcorp.com">>
      > MSRP: US$89.95
      > Listed Weight: 26 oz (737 g)
      > Material: Hard-anodized aluminum
      > Other details:
      > The set consists of the following items:
      > <UL><LI>2 L (68 fl oz) pot
      > <LI>1.5 L (51 fl oz) pot
      > <LI>7.25 in (18.5 cm) frying pan
      > <LI>Fitted lid
      > <LI>PanHandler pot lifter
      > <LI>2 Packtowl towels
      > <LI>Mesh stuff sack
      > </UL>

      ### EDIT: We always need measured weight. It's an absolutely
      fundamental requirement. A decent kitchen scale will often to the job,
      or your friendly local PO at a pinch. In this case, putting a measured
      weight for each of the components would be a useful thing to provide.

      Lacking from this section is your description of the pot set, as it
      appears to you. It doesn't have to be technical, but (for example) how
      do they nest; what's the appearance overall; how does the pot lifter
      work (they do vary) and so on. A paragraph should do it.

      > FIELD USE

      ### EDIT: Lacking from here are the requisite details of the field
      settings; elevations, temperatures, etc. This is also a required
      section. It's not crucial for a pot set, perhaps, but it is for many
      things, and so we require it.