FW: Attn: Chris Schaeffer - Re: OWNER REVIEW - Garmin Colorado 400t

  • Jamie D
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 26, 2008
      From: jdeben@...: bpgtcs@...: RE: Attn: Chris Schaeffer - Re: OWNER REVIEW - Garmin Colorado 400tDate: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 21:59:57 -0700

      Hi Chris, Totally fine to leave out the non-relevant background info. Infact we preffer if you keep that section under 100 words. I think you would benefit from reading the "How to Become a Tester" info. once again and/or by getting involved in our mentor program. This a great way to wade through all the BGT requirements with a real person helping every step of the way. I'll try to clear a few things up but please consider my advice. Owner Reviews are not like a test series with three seperate reports. The OR is a single report that needs to be on a piece of gear you have a good amount of experience with so you can give a helpful review. Unfortunately, one week, is just not enough use to accurately report on durability, long term function, performance in a wide range of field situations, etc... This is what we want from OR's. A test series is based on a piece of gear you are given from a manufacture working with BGT. You have only 4 months to test this item during which you will be expected to write the 3 reports. Obviously long term durability and other issues cannot necessarily be evaluated in only 4 months. We do the best we can and that's why OR's are so important. They give a unique perspective on items we either have not tested or have tested but only had 4 months with. You have a really fine start with this review. lots of info. in there. I would suggest you shelve it until you have more time in the field with the unit and have a bit more OR writting experience under you belt. A GPS is a somewhat complicated item to start with for a first OR. We suggest beginning with something simpler so you can get the process and requirements down then you can graduate to a more difficult piece of gear. I hope you do not give up. We always need testers and you obviously have something positive to contribute. I hope this has been helpful. Please let me know if you have any other questions. I'll look forward to seeing another 1st OR posted from you. Cordially,Jamie DeBenedettoBGT Edit Admin Manager

      Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 20:35:35 -0800From: bpgtcs@...: Re:Attn: Chris Schaeffer - Re: OWNER REVIEW - Garmin Colorado 400tTo: jdeben@... for the feedback Jamie.I left out some of the personal background information because it didn't seem relevent to the product.Yes, I have had the GPS for just a week or so. My intent was to do an initial report, then a follow up and finally a long term report. Isn't that how most reviews are published?-Chris