Edit: OWNER REVIEW- Salomon XA Pro 3D Shoes - Chris

  • rayestrella1
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 5, 2008
      Hello Chris,

      Thank you for your Owner Review, your initial edits will follow. They
      will take the following format;

      EDIT: must be changed

      When you have made the changes please repost here with REPOST added
      to the subject line. Include your name also please.

      Please notice the form that the review should take in the "Examples",
      you may also wish to browse the reviews of other experienced members
      for examples of the proper form.

      A helpful tool is the Mentoring Program that teams new reviewers with
      experienced veterans to help get them through their first review(s).
      If you'd like more assistance or guidance with the process you can
      request a mentor by sending an email to the mentor coordinator, Jenn,
      at mentor@...

      ***Ipredominantly run on a regular basis (usually 6-20 miles)

      EDIT: you need metric conversion numbers for all weight and

      ***I generally carry a lightweight pack of about 15 kg. (33 lbs.) for

      EDIT: no periods after the unit abbreviations; 15 kg (33 lb)

      ***On the majority of runs (under 15 miles), I only carry a water

      EDIT: metric conversion please

      ***Weight: 383 g (13.5 oz.) per shoe, based on size 9

      EDIT: is this your measured weight? I see that the listed weight is
      395 g which needs to be here also.

      ***MSRP: $100

      EDIT: I see no MSRP on the site. If it is not from Salomon it should
      just be shown as N/A

      ***It also comes in a pewter/blue and pewter/black color, as well as
      another version with gore-tex.

      EDIT: GORE-TEX is how they spell it. Please check for all instances.

      ***The sole of the shoe is made of Salomon's contragrip rubber

      EDIT: as it is a trademarked name it needs to be spelled the way they
      have it, Contrgrip, please check for all instances, and I would
      suggest saying "material" instead of rubber as I do not think it is
      that. Salomon does not say it any ways.

      ***Test Location

      EDIT: as you are reviewing these shoes, not testing them, can you
      change this to Field Locations or Use Locations please?

      Also you need to give some idea of where you have used them along
      with some field data as far as terrain/trail types, weather
      conditions, temps, elevations etc.

      If you look at the examples you will see that the reviews have
      sections for the product description, the field data, and the actual
      review of the product.

      ***I have likely put 500+ miles of running and walking into this pair.

      EDIT: metric conversion needed
      Comment: that is some awesome wear.

      ***The soles wear fairly slowly given the softness of the sole, and
      there is still tread left on mine after many miles.

      EDIT: after many miles/kilometers