Thank you Andre' - Re: Owner Review: Asics Gel Cumulus running shoes

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 4, 2008

      reviews before submission.

      Jenn K., the mentor coordinator, at (mentor (at)
      backpackgeartest.org).

      Moderator.

      will use APPROVED in the subject line.

      the list or contact me directly.

      Edit Administration Manager
    • rayestrella1
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 5, 2008
        Hi André,

        Thanks for the review in answer of the call, nice job. Here are your
        edits after which it can go here;

        http://tinyurl.com/2dvlgg

        Ray

        ***My longest trail experience with these was one week spent on the
        Rheinsteig (Rhine Trail) in Germany, during which time I walked
        roughly 210 km (130 mi) in them, with about 8000 m (26000 ft) of
        elevation changes.

        Comment: sweet. Let's go hiking sometime…

        ***I have other shoes that I sometimes hike in. I have a pair of low
        cut waterproof/breathable shoes and a pair of high cut (just above
        the ankle) waterproof/breathable shoes. They are both heavier, but of
        course waterproof. They are nearly as comfortable as my running
        shoes. I tend to choose them when I know or expect that I will be
        encountering a lot of rain or very muddy terrain. I tend to go for
        the high cut shoes when I plan to carry a lot of weight (like my
        daughter in her child carrier). These are the reasons I choose shoes
        other than my running shoes, which is to say that unless there are
        particular reasons to choose other shoes, I wear the Asics Gel
        Cumulus running shoes to hike in.

        Comment: I do not understand all the info about your other shoes.
        Wouldn't it suffice to say that "While I have other shoes, unless
        forced to by conditions I wear the Asics Gel Cumulus running shoes to
        hike in."

        ***I truly feel like I'm walking on clouds - the thick, heaped
        eponymous ones, too.

        Comment: I think I stepped in a thick, heaped eponymous once ;-)

        ***I've put about 1500+ km (1000 mi) on these shoes.

        Comment: Wow! I am impressed.

        ***and other shoes I have show much more signifcant damage

        EDIT: significant

        ***They do comparatively okay on muddy ground - better than I had
        initiatlly feared.

        EDIT: initially

        ***Excellent runing and hiking shoes.

        EDIT: running
      • André Corterier
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 7, 2008
          <rayestrella@...> wrote:

          > Hi André,
          >
          > Thanks for the review in answer of the call, nice job. Here are
          your
          > edits after which it can go here;
          >
          > http://tinyurl.com/2dvlgg
          >
          > Ray
          >

          > ***My longest trail experience with these was one week spent on the
          > Rheinsteig (Rhine Trail) in Germany, during which time I walked
          > roughly 210 km (130 mi) in them, with about 8000 m (26000 ft) of
          > elevation changes.
          >
          > Comment: sweet. Let's go hiking sometime…
          <snip>

          That may be your kind of elevation change, but not your kind of
          elevation. All of it *well* below treeline. Not the kind of views you
          get in your neck of the woods. But lots of castles instead (I think I
          posted on BackpackingTalk - http://tinyurl.com/3599qf ). But I'll be
          sure to ring you up when I get to CA.

          André
          P.S.: Sorry about the slew of typos towards the end.