Re: EDIT: OR Teko Light Hiking Socks Jenn K.

  • Jenn K.
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2008
      André

      I put the edited version of the Teko Sock OR in the Owner Review
      folder. You may want to look at it since I added additional
      information on the Lin Toe seams. From what I can tell these seams
      are common on socks.

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/OWNER%20REVIEWS/OR%
      20Teko%20Socks%20Jenn%20K/

      or

      http://tinyurl.com/2lu9kb

      Please let me know when the folder is available for me to post the
      socks and where I should be posting it to.

      Thank you

      Jenn

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, André Corterier
      <andre.corterier@...> wrote:

      > > EDIT: OR Teko Light Hiking Socks Jenn K.
      >
      > This is the official Edit for Jenn K.'s Owner Review of the Teko
      > EcoMerino Wool Women's Light Hiking Socks
      >
      > Jenn, thanks for your excellent OR. Just one Edit, below.
      > I am uncertain where this report should go. It seems to be the
      2007
      > version (and women's version) of a sock we tested in 2005. I'd put
      > it in the same folder, only they seem to have changed the makeup
      of
      > the sock. Checking their website, this seems to be true for the
      > version we tested, as well. I'm taking this to BGTWeb and hope
      we'll
      > find an answer there. I feel a bit stupid obsessing about which
      > folder a sock report should go into...
      > I hope you had a good trip and wish you a happy 2008!
      >
      > André
      > OR Editor
      >
      > --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Jenn K." <jennksnowy@>
      > wrote:
      > <snip>
      > > On the lateral and medial sides of the socks there are air vents
      > on
      > > each side. These air vents are a slightly darker color than the
      > rest
      > > of the sock and are triangular shaped. They also have a Lin Toe
      > flat
      > > toe seam.
      >
      > Comment: A what? I'm assuming this is a technical term I'm not
      aware
      > of. As such, it does not *need* to be explained. I'm a veteran
      sock
      > tester, but also a foreigner - maybe other readers will know what
      > you're talking about.
      >
      > <snip>
      >
      > > I have now have five different models of Teko socks and I love
      > them
      > > all.
      >
      > EDIT: though one of the "have"s up there seems superfluous.
      >
      > I like the fact that by wearing these socks I am being green
      > > and doing my part in conserving resources.
      >
      > Comment: That works for me, too. Though I find it strange how
      being
      > green about my sock choice can give me such a warm, fuzzy glow
      while
      > laying down the dough when my choice of car, energy-saving light
      > bulbs and line drying over machine drying don't. Go figure.
      >
      > <snip>

    • Jenn K.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 6, 2008
        Folder Needed: Could someone please make a folder for me to upload my
        sock report to?

        <andre.corterier@...> wrote:

        > > EDIT: OR Teko Light Hiking Socks Jenn K.

      • André Corterier
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 7, 2008
          wrote:

          > Folder Needed: Could someone please make a folder for me to upload
          my
          > sock report to?
          >
          > Thank you
          >
          > Jenn

          Sorry I left you hanging there. I was OOP over the weekend. Please
          upload here: http://tinyurl.com/2yyzlz

          André
          OR Editor

          P.S.: Could you try putting "'07" in the title of your report as
          well? Just to distinguish them from the model reviewed in that
          folder. That may not work, the title is getting a little long as it
          is...

          Thanks for your explanation of the "lin toe".

          André
          OR Editor