EDIT: OWNER REVIEW - Black Diamond Icon headlamp - Ken

  • rayestrella1
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2007
      Hello Ken,

      Thank you for your Owner Review, your initial edits will follow. They
      will take the following format;

      EDIT: must be changed

      When you have made the changes please repost here with REPOST added
      to the subject line. Include your name also please.

      Please notice the form that the review should take in the "Examples",
      you may also wish to browse the reviews of other experienced members
      for examples of the proper form.

      A helpful tool is the Mentoring Program that teams new reviewers with
      experienced veterans to help get them through their first review(s).
      If you'd like more assistance or guidance with the process you can
      request a mentor by sending an email to the mentor coordinator, Jenn
      K, at mentor@...

      Ray

      ***I have begun night hiking and long day hikes (twenty miles or
      more).

      EDIT: need the metric conversion for the distance. (I too love those
      long day hikes.)

      ***Test Conditions:

      EDIT: as you are reviewing this you should just say Field Conditions.
      We do not want it confused with the actual tests of the BD Icon that
      are about to start. Please remove the word "test" at all instances.

      ***Moderate temperatures: spring, summer, and from down to 30

      EDIT: did you mean spring summer and "fall"?

      ***(-1.10 C)

      EDIT: we are asked to round the temps to the nearest full number. (-1
      C)

      ***Weight (w/ batteries): 6.6 ounces / 0.19 kilograms

      EDIT: you need the manufacturer's listed weights and then your
      checked actual weights.

      ***Dimensions 2 x 1.4 x 1.25 inches / 5.08 cm x 3.56 cm x 3.17 cm

      EDIT: you need to state that these are your measured dimensions.
      (Aren't they?)

      ***MSRP: $60 USD

      EDIT: I see the MSRP as $59.95 according to BD

      ***I noticed some tents silhouetted thirty yards (27.43 m) from the
      parking lot.

      EDIT: as with the temps, when writing numbers that are not critical,
      they should be rounded off. So this should be (27 m). You would do
      well to change them all.

      ***This time I reached an elevation of roughly six thousand feet,

      EDIT: need the metric conversion