EDIT/APPROVAL: OWNER REVIEW - Life-Link Guide Ultra Light Poles - Heesoo Chung

  • edwardripleyduggan
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2007
      Thanks! That's much better. There's just a few small points, minor
      conversion issues. Please correct them, upload the HTML to

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Trekking%20Poles/Poles/Life-Link%20Guide%20Ultra%20Light/

      which is

      http://tinyurl.com/2323et

      and you will have finished your first OR. Congratulations!

      Edward

      > The carbon fiber lowers are much more durable than expected. The
      > poles feel quite solid and dampen vibrations well. The poles are not
      > excessively noisy. They do not produce any odd clacks, boings, or
      > wumps.
      >
      > Around the first thousand miles of use

      ### EDIT: metric equivalent in parentheses

      , one of the tips got caught in
      > a rock and broke. According to the manufacturers website, the carbide
      > flex tip is designed to break before the more expensive carbon fiber
      > section. The replacement tips cost $10 for a pair and were easy to
      > replace.
      >
      > Around two thousand miles of use,

      ### EDIT: metric equivalent in parentheses

      I was scrambling down some slick
      > boulders when I got the bottom 18 inches

      ### EDIT: metric equivalent in parentheses

      caught in a crevice. The