Re: [BackpackGearTest] Re Question: Photos for owner reviews

  • Leesa J
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
      Better yet - try mentor@...

      Leesa J

      On Dec 2, 2007 3:03 PM, Roger Caffin <r.caffin@...> wrote:

      > > I have some photos to include with my OR (Grilliput Portable Grill -
      > > Phillip Bradshaw). How should I upload/include them?
      > These sorts of questions are usually handld by a mentor.
      > Contact mentor@... <mentor%40backpackinglight.org>
      >
      > Cheers
      > Roger Caffin
      > BGT Editor

    • Andrew Priest
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
        Good catch Leesa!

        Actually but, the BGTFileUpLoad group is probably more appropriate. It can
        be found at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BGTFileUploadHelp/ and was set up
        to assist with this sort of issue. Mentors are not necessarily right up
        there on HTML issues.

        Regards
        Andrew

        On 03/12/2007, Leesa J <leesaj@...> wrote:

        > Better yet - try mentor@...
        >
        > Leesa J

      • Phillip
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
          Thanks! I've posted a question to the group (as follows).

          Thanks Again,

          Phillip

          As posted to the BGTFileUpLoad group:

          This seems to be a recurring problem, but I've had no luck searching
          for a solution...

          I have posted my OR (Grilliput Portable Grill - Phillip Bradshaw) to
          be reviewed and commented, but I also have 3 photos to include with
          it. It's my understanding that only approved reviews are to be
          uploaded to BGT.org, so do I need to upload any at all at this stage?

          Thanks :)

          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Priest" <apriest@...>
          wrote:

          > Good catch Leesa!
          >
          > Actually but, the BGTFileUpLoad group is probably more appropriate.
          It can
          > be found at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BGTFileUploadHelp/ and was
          set up
          > to assist with this sort of issue. Mentors are not necessarily right up
          > there on HTML issues.
          >
          > Regards
          > Andrew
          >
          > On 03/12/2007, Leesa J <leesaj@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Better yet - try mentor@...
          > >
          > > Leesa J

        • Brian Tannehill
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
            > This seems to be a recurring problem, but I've had no luck searching
            > for a solution...
            >
            > I have posted my OR (Grilliput Portable Grill - Phillip Bradshaw) to
            > be reviewed and commented, but I also have 3 photos to include with
            > it. It's my understanding that only approved reviews are to be
            > uploaded to BGT.org, so do I need to upload any at all at this stage?
            >
            > Thanks :)

            I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding. Are you a newbie to this
            whole process? Thats what it sounds like to me.

            I would highly suggest a mentor, like Leesa pointed out send an email
            to mentor@... requesting a mentor, and in a few days
            you will be assigned one.

            Otherwise if you dare brave it alone, you should read the study guide,
            its a must that you read that and follow all rules explicit or implied
            that is associated with BGT and the survival guide. Its located here
            http://www.backpackgeartest.org/requirements.php

            Ch 4 talks about the OR's, and Ch 7 talks about posting files to the group.

            Feel free to email me offline if you have any more questions

            Brian