Re Question: Photos for owner reviews

  • Roger Caffin
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
      > I have some photos to include with my OR (Grilliput Portable Grill -
      > Phillip Bradshaw). How should I upload/include them?
      These sorts of questions are usually handld by a mentor.
      Contact mentor@...

      Cheers
      Roger Caffin
      BGT Editor
    • Leesa J
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
        Better yet - try mentor@...

        Leesa J

        On Dec 2, 2007 3:03 PM, Roger Caffin <r.caffin@...> wrote:

        > > I have some photos to include with my OR (Grilliput Portable Grill -
        > > Phillip Bradshaw). How should I upload/include them?
        > These sorts of questions are usually handld by a mentor.
        > Contact mentor@... <mentor%40backpackinglight.org>
        >
        > Cheers
        > Roger Caffin
        > BGT Editor

      • Andrew Priest
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
          Good catch Leesa!

          Actually but, the BGTFileUpLoad group is probably more appropriate. It can
          be found at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BGTFileUploadHelp/ and was set up
          to assist with this sort of issue. Mentors are not necessarily right up
          there on HTML issues.

          Regards
          Andrew

          On 03/12/2007, Leesa J <leesaj@...> wrote:

          > Better yet - try mentor@...
          >
          > Leesa J

        • Phillip
          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
            Thanks! I've posted a question to the group (as follows).

            Thanks Again,

            Phillip

            As posted to the BGTFileUpLoad group:

            This seems to be a recurring problem, but I've had no luck searching
            for a solution...

            I have posted my OR (Grilliput Portable Grill - Phillip Bradshaw) to
            be reviewed and commented, but I also have 3 photos to include with
            it. It's my understanding that only approved reviews are to be
            uploaded to BGT.org, so do I need to upload any at all at this stage?

            Thanks :)

            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew Priest" <apriest@...>
            wrote:

            > Good catch Leesa!
            >
            > Actually but, the BGTFileUpLoad group is probably more appropriate.
            It can
            > be found at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BGTFileUploadHelp/ and was
            set up
            > to assist with this sort of issue. Mentors are not necessarily right up
            > there on HTML issues.
            >
            > Regards
            > Andrew
            >
            > On 03/12/2007, Leesa J <leesaj@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Better yet - try mentor@...
            > >
            > > Leesa J

          • Brian Tannehill
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 2, 2007
              > This seems to be a recurring problem, but I've had no luck searching
              > for a solution...
              >
              > I have posted my OR (Grilliput Portable Grill - Phillip Bradshaw) to
              > be reviewed and commented, but I also have 3 photos to include with
              > it. It's my understanding that only approved reviews are to be
              > uploaded to BGT.org, so do I need to upload any at all at this stage?
              >
              > Thanks :)

              I think there is a bit of a misunderstanding. Are you a newbie to this
              whole process? Thats what it sounds like to me.

              I would highly suggest a mentor, like Leesa pointed out send an email
              to mentor@... requesting a mentor, and in a few days
              you will be assigned one.

              Otherwise if you dare brave it alone, you should read the study guide,
              its a must that you read that and follow all rules explicit or implied
              that is associated with BGT and the survival guide. Its located here
              http://www.backpackgeartest.org/requirements.php

              Ch 4 talks about the OR's, and Ch 7 talks about posting files to the group.

              Feel free to email me offline if you have any more questions

              Brian