EDIT: OR - Black Diamond Expedition Poles- Ray

  • edwardripleyduggan
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 13, 2007
      Greetings Ray,

      Your edits follow. Upload when ready to

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Trekking%20Poles/Poles/Black%20Diamond%20Expedition%20Poles/

      or

      http://tinyurl.com/2kfogc

      Best,

      Ted.

      Here is a review for the call this month. HTML may be found here;

      http://tinyurl.com/2u2o6p

      Thanks,

      Black Diamond Expedition Poles
      By Raymond Estrella

      OWNER REVIEW
      November 06, 2007

      TESTER INFORMATION
      NAME: Raymond Estrella
      EMAIL: rayestrella@...
      AGE: 47
      LOCATION: Huntington Beach California USA
      GENDER: M
      HEIGHT: 6' 3" (1.91 m)
      WEIGHT: 200 lb (90.70 kg)

      I have been backpacking for over 30 years, all over California, and
      in many of the western states and Minnesota. I hike year-round, and
      average 500+ miles (800+ km) per year. I have made a move to
      lightweight gear, and smaller volume packs. I start early and hike
      hard so as to enjoy the afternoons exploring. I usually take a
      freestanding tent and enjoy hot meals at night. If not hiking solo I
      am usually with my brother-in-law Dave or fiancée Jenn.

      Product Information

      Manufacturer: Black Diamond Equipment
      Year of Manufacture: 2004
      Manufacturer's Website: http://www.bdel.com
      MSRP: US $79.95
      Listed Weight: 1 lb 5 oz (600 g)
      Actual Weight: 1 lb 6.2 oz (629 g)
      Length listed: 125 cm (49 in) Also available in 140 cm (55 in) model.
      Collapsed length listed: 57 cm (22.5 in) Verified accurate
      Longest length: 127 cm (50 in) at the line marked "stop"
      Color: Blue

      Product Description

      The Black Diamond Expeditions

      ### EDIT: Expedition

      poles (hereafter called the Expeditions
      or poles) are winter ski and trekking poles. They are not grouped
      with the company's Trekking Pole line but are in a separate Poles
      category (should it prove to be difficult to locate on their web
      site).

      They are made of three telescoping sections that slide into the next
      larger section to allow them to collapse to an easier to carry and
      handle length.

      ### COMMENT: "easier length to carry and handle" would read better

      (A funny thing that the manufacturer say about the
      benefits is it makes them easier to carry in European rental cars.
      Wow, they must be small indeedÂ…)

      The sections of the poles are made

      ### EDIT: of

      aluminum, the first of which is
      anodized blue with Black Diamond's name on it. The two lower sections
      are clear coated and have adjustment marks printed on them. The marks
      are printed in 5 cm (1 in) increments from 85 cm to 125 cm (33.5 to
      49 in). A "stop" is printed 1.2 cm (0.5 in) above the last mark to
      keep me from extending it too far.

      At the other end of the Expeditions is

      ### EDIT: are

      the dual-density handles. The
      sections that are blue are a hard plastic material. The areas that
      are black are very soft rubbery feeling material. After three years
      this material is still very soft and grippy. Some adjustable straps
      top off the poles. The straps can be removed by taking the locking

      As mention

      ### EDIT: mentioned

      earlier the grips are still in good shape. My only
      complaint about the poles is that the grips are a bit narrow for my
      liking. Wearing gloves helps a bit, but I am a very warm-blooded
      hiker and lose the gloves every chance I get to help keep me cool, as
      can be seen in the picture below taken near Mount Shasta in
      California.
    • rayestrella1
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 13, 2007
        Thank you Ted,

        I have made all changes and will upload right now.

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 14, 2007
          HAve you also completed your first two Owner Reviews? I'm not
          recalling any Bob's recently and without your last name it makes it
          even more difficult.

          jamie d
          Edit Admin Manager