EDIT: Tarptent Double Rainbow - Nancy Griffith

  • Roger Caffin
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 10, 2007
      EDIT: Tarptent Double Rainbow - Nancy Griffith

      Hi Nancy

      Kathy is off the air at present so I have picked up your OR for editing.
      Sorry about the delay.
      I have a few small things for you to fix, as detailed below. When you have
      fixed these could you please put the HTML in the Test/OR folder and post a
      REPOST notice here. You don't need to repost the plain text.

      Cheers
      Roger Caffin
      BGT Editor
      --------------------
      > Picture
      EDIT: pictures are required in all Test Reports, so we have moved to
      requiring at least one in the ORs as well. If you have not taken any
      suitable pics yourself you can use one from the vendor web site, but in this
      case you must acknowledge that it is courtesy the vendor. Copyright issue.

      > Both sides also have a nylon beak that can be staked out and zipped.
      Comment: this did not seem right without a photo. I know it is in fact
      correct, but without a photo people will be puzzled, thinking that the beak
      should be at the end.

      > The temperatures were in the 30's - 80's F (0 - 26.7 C).
      EDIT: the apostrophe signals a possessive, which is not what is meant here.
      It should be 30s - 80s F. Actually, in this case I suggest you simply write
      'The temperatures were 30 - 80 F (0 - 27 C)'.
      Additionally, when talking about a range you don't need a decimal place on
      the Centigrade conversion.

      > However, with the beaks zipped closed, a large amount of condensation
      Edit: delete second comma, after 'closed'

      > I liked the 'bathtub' clips at the bottom
      EDIT: you really need a detailed explanation of what the bathtub clips are -
      or just a good photo. I have no idea of what they are otherwise, which is
      not good.

      > but with the light weight of the stakes, I found it easier to just stake
      > it.
      EDIT: delete comma. (Ray has a post-it note on his screen saying 'delete
      commas' - from me!)
      In addition, I was a bit puzzled by what you mean here at first. It would be
      much clearer if you wrote 'I found it easier to just stake it out.'

      > I first used the Tarptent on an overnight backpacking trip
      > I also used it on a week-long trip in King's Canyon National Park
      Edit: this is only just enough testing time to qualify for an OR. If you
      have had any more nights with this tent it would be very good to briefly
      mention them. We do like people to be fairly experienced with the gear they
      are writing about.
    • theMiddleSister@usaring.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 10, 2007
        Roger,

        Thanks for picking this up while I was OOP. It was reposted as I was
        leaving town.

        Kathy

        > EDIT: Tarptent Double Rainbow - Nancy Griffith
        >
        > Hi Nancy
        >
        > Kathy is off the air at present so I have picked up your OR for editing.
        > Sorry about the delay.
        > I have a few small things for you to fix, as detailed below. When you have
        > fixed these could you please put the HTML in the Test/OR folder and post a
        > REPOST notice here. You don't need to repost the plain text.
        >
        > Cheers
        > Roger Caffin
        > BGT Editor
        > --------------------
        >> Picture
        > EDIT: pictures are required in all Test Reports, so we have moved to
        > requiring at least one in the ORs as well. If you have not taken any
        > suitable pics yourself you can use one from the vendor web site, but in
        > this
        > case you must acknowledge that it is courtesy the vendor. Copyright issue.
        >
        >> Both sides also have a nylon beak that can be staked out and zipped.
        > Comment: this did not seem right without a photo. I know it is in fact
        > correct, but without a photo people will be puzzled, thinking that the
        > beak
        > should be at the end.
        >
        >> The temperatures were in the 30's - 80's F (0 - 26.7 C).
        > EDIT: the apostrophe signals a possessive, which is not what is meant
        > here.
        > It should be 30s - 80s F. Actually, in this case I suggest you simply
        > write
        > 'The temperatures were 30 - 80 F (0 - 27 C)'.
        > Additionally, when talking about a range you don't need a decimal place on
        > the Centigrade conversion.
        >
        >> However, with the beaks zipped closed, a large amount of condensation
        > Edit: delete second comma, after 'closed'
        >
        >> I liked the 'bathtub' clips at the bottom
        > EDIT: you really need a detailed explanation of what the bathtub clips
        > are -
        > or just a good photo. I have no idea of what they are otherwise, which is
        > not good.
        >
        >> but with the light weight of the stakes, I found it easier to just stake
        >> it.
        > EDIT: delete comma. (Ray has a post-it note on his screen saying 'delete
        > commas' - from me!)
        > In addition, I was a bit puzzled by what you mean here at first. It would
        > be
        > much clearer if you wrote 'I found it easier to just stake it out.'
        >
        >> I first used the Tarptent on an overnight backpacking trip
        >> I also used it on a week-long trip in King's Canyon National Park
        > Edit: this is only just enough testing time to qualify for an OR. If you
        > have had any more nights with this tent it would be very good to briefly
        > mention them. We do like people to be fairly experienced with the gear
        > they
        > are writing about.

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > http://www.eset.com

      • Nancy Griffith
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 13, 2007
          Hi Roger and Ray,

          Thank you both for your edits/suggestions on my OR. I've updated it and reposted it in the OR folder. I had a bit of trouble getting the pictures to upload, but I think I've got it now.

          Below are the links.

          Nancy

          http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/OWNER%20REVIEWS/OR%20Repost-Tarptent%20Double%20Rainbow-Nancy%20Griffith/

          http://tinyurl.com/yux5h4

          EDIT: Tarptent Double Rainbow - Nancy Griffith

          Hi Nancy

          Kathy is off the air at present so I have picked up your OR for editing.
          Sorry about the delay.
          I have a few small things for you to fix, as detailed below. When you have
          fixed these could you please put the HTML in the Test/OR folder and post a
          REPOST notice here. You don't need to repost the plain text.

          Cheers
          Roger Caffin
          BGT Editor
          --------------------
          > Picture
          EDIT: pictures are required in all Test Reports, so we have moved to
          requiring at least one in the ORs as well. If you have not taken any
          suitable pics yourself you can use one from the vendor web site, but in this
          case you must acknowledge that it is courtesy the vendor. Copyright issue.

          > Both sides also have a nylon beak that can be staked out and zipped.
          Comment: this did not seem right without a photo. I know it is in fact
          correct, but without a photo people will be puzzled, thinking that the beak
          should be at the end.

          > The temperatures were in the 30's - 80's F (0 - 26.7 C).
          EDIT: the apostrophe signals a possessive, which is not what is meant here.
          It should be 30s - 80s F. Actually, in this case I suggest you simply write
          'The temperatures were 30 - 80 F (0 - 27 C)'.
          Additionally, when talking about a range you don't need a decimal place on
          the Centigrade conversion.

          > However, with the beaks zipped closed, a large amount of condensation
          Edit: delete second comma, after 'closed'

          > I liked the 'bathtub' clips at the bottom
          EDIT: you really need a detailed explanation of what the bathtub clips are -
          or just a good photo. I have no idea of what they are otherwise, which is
          not good.

          > but with the light weight of the stakes, I found it easier to just stake
          > it.
          EDIT: delete comma. (Ray has a post-it note on his screen saying 'delete
          commas' - from me!)
          In addition, I was a bit puzzled by what you mean here at first. It would be
          much clearer if you wrote 'I found it easier to just stake it out.'

          > I first used the Tarptent on an overnight backpacking trip
          > I also used it on a week-long trip in King's Canyon National Park
          Edit: this is only just enough testing time to qualify for an OR. If you
          have had any more nights with this tent it would be very good to briefly
          mention them. We do like people to be fairly experienced with the gear they
          are writing about.

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Kathleen Waters
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 15, 2007
            Nancy,

            It's me (Kathy) again! This time, Roger is OOP, so I'm jumping in
            here to approve your OR. You did a great job with the pictures! And
            I have no additional edits for you.

            Your HTML and pictures both look good and you are approved to delete
            the file from the test folder and upload to the proper link
            at: "Reviews > Tarps and Bivys > Tarptent Double Rainbow" at
            http://tinyurl.com/ytj6jf

            When uploading your Owner Review, please be sure you select the
            button marked Owner Review. If you require assistance with your
            upload, please ask in our Yahoo! support group, BGTFileUploadHelp at
            http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BGTFileUploadHelp/.

            So, congratulations on your first OR, I look forward to reading your
            second. Good luck!

            Kathy
            OR Editor

            --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, Nancy Griffith
            <bkpkrgirl@...> wrote:

            > Hi Roger and Ray,
            >
            > Thank you both for your edits/suggestions on my OR. I've updated
            it and reposted it in the OR folder. I had a bit of trouble getting
            the pictures to upload, but I think I've got it now.

            > Below are the links.
            >
            > Nancy
            >

            > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/test/OWNER%20REVIEWS/OR%
            20Repost-Tarptent%20Double%20Rainbow-Nancy%20Griffith/

            > http://tinyurl.com/yux5h4

            Griffith