Attn: Hugh Teegan

  • rayestrella1
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 9, 2007
      Attn: Hugh Teegan

      Hello Hugh,

      There are a couple of problems with your review that need to be changed.

      I missed the fact that you put a hyperlink for the manufacturer's URL.
      This needs to be the actual web address; http://mpackgear.com and that
      needs to be clickable.

      But the bigger problem is that the review is coming across as being
      written by one Hermes Handon. This may be some trail name or something
      that you use but you need to modify your BGT account to get your real
      name there.

      You should be able to delete your review and replace it with a
      corrected version. Let me know if you have problems deleting it.

      Ray
    • hermeshiker
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 9, 2007
        <rayestrella@...> wrote:

        > Attn: Hugh Teegan
        >
        > Hello Hugh,
        >
        > There are a couple of problems with your review that need to be
        changed.

        > I missed the fact that you put a hyperlink for the manufacturer's
        URL.
        > This needs to be the actual web address; http://mpackgear.com and
        that
        > needs to be clickable.
        >
        > But the bigger problem is that the review is coming across as being
        > written by one Hermes Handon. This may be some trail name or
        something
        > that you use but you need to modify your BGT account to get your
        real
        > name there.
        >
        > You should be able to delete your review and replace it with a
        > corrected version. Let me know if you have problems deleting it.
        >
        > Ray

        Will delete and correct the link. I can't find how to change my BGT
        profile so that it gets the right name (it only allows me to change
        the password). I've asked for help with that in the upload help
        group. Be careful up north, I hear those Fargo softies are wild:-
        )....hught
      • rayestrella1
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 9, 2007
          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "hermeshiker"
          <hermeshiker@...> wrote:

          > Will delete and correct the link.

          OK, I will watch for it.

          > Be careful up north, I hear those Fargo softies are wild:-)

          Hah. But I hear they are all "no account" (Great Plains joke, groan.)

          Ray
        • Roger Caffin
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 10, 2007
            >> But the bigger problem is that the review is coming across as being
            >> written by one Hermes Handon. This may be some trail name or
            > > something
            >> that you use but you need to modify your BGT account to get your
            > > real name there.
            > Will delete and correct the link. I can't find how to change my BGT
            > profile so that it gets the right name (it only allows me to change
            > the password).

            I don't believe this is possible. I think you have to create a new account
            if you want to 'change' your name.
            However, you do not have to do this for BGT. Many BGT members use accounts
            with funny names.

            What you DO have to do it to put your **real name** in your Owner Reviews
            and Test Reports. Your email address needs to be listed as well, but it does
            not have to be clickable.

            Cheers
            Roger Caffin
            BGT Editor