thank you Ray - Re: OR - Black Diamond Expedition Poles

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2007

      reviews before submission.

      Jenn K., the mentor coordinator, at (jennksnowy AT yahoo.com).

      Moderator.

      will use APPROVED in the subject line.

      the list or contact me directly.

      Edit Administration Manager
    • Bob
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 7, 2007
        I sen't in my application, when do I hear back ?

        Do you have more testers then needed, ?

        Bob

      • edwardripleyduggan
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 13, 2007
          Greetings Ray,

          Your edits follow. Upload when ready to

          http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Trekking%20Poles/Poles/Black%20Diamond%20Expedition%20Poles/

          or

          http://tinyurl.com/2kfogc

          Best,

          Ted.

          Here is a review for the call this month. HTML may be found here;

          http://tinyurl.com/2u2o6p

          Thanks,

          Black Diamond Expedition Poles
          By Raymond Estrella

          OWNER REVIEW
          November 06, 2007

          TESTER INFORMATION
          NAME: Raymond Estrella
          EMAIL: rayestrella@...
          AGE: 47
          LOCATION: Huntington Beach California USA
          GENDER: M
          HEIGHT: 6' 3" (1.91 m)
          WEIGHT: 200 lb (90.70 kg)

          I have been backpacking for over 30 years, all over California, and
          in many of the western states and Minnesota. I hike year-round, and
          average 500+ miles (800+ km) per year. I have made a move to
          lightweight gear, and smaller volume packs. I start early and hike
          hard so as to enjoy the afternoons exploring. I usually take a
          freestanding tent and enjoy hot meals at night. If not hiking solo I
          am usually with my brother-in-law Dave or fiancée Jenn.

          Product Information

          Manufacturer: Black Diamond Equipment
          Year of Manufacture: 2004
          Manufacturer's Website: http://www.bdel.com
          MSRP: US $79.95
          Listed Weight: 1 lb 5 oz (600 g)
          Actual Weight: 1 lb 6.2 oz (629 g)
          Length listed: 125 cm (49 in) Also available in 140 cm (55 in) model.
          Collapsed length listed: 57 cm (22.5 in) Verified accurate
          Longest length: 127 cm (50 in) at the line marked "stop"
          Color: Blue

          Product Description

          The Black Diamond Expeditions

          ### EDIT: Expedition

          poles (hereafter called the Expeditions
          or poles) are winter ski and trekking poles. They are not grouped
          with the company's Trekking Pole line but are in a separate Poles
          category (should it prove to be difficult to locate on their web
          site).

          They are made of three telescoping sections that slide into the next
          larger section to allow them to collapse to an easier to carry and
          handle length.

          ### COMMENT: "easier length to carry and handle" would read better

          (A funny thing that the manufacturer say about the
          benefits is it makes them easier to carry in European rental cars.
          Wow, they must be small indeedÂ…)

          The sections of the poles are made

          ### EDIT: of

          aluminum, the first of which is
          anodized blue with Black Diamond's name on it. The two lower sections
          are clear coated and have adjustment marks printed on them. The marks
          are printed in 5 cm (1 in) increments from 85 cm to 125 cm (33.5 to
          49 in). A "stop" is printed 1.2 cm (0.5 in) above the last mark to
          keep me from extending it too far.

          At the other end of the Expeditions is

          ### EDIT: are

          the dual-density handles. The
          sections that are blue are a hard plastic material. The areas that
          are black are very soft rubbery feeling material. After three years
          this material is still very soft and grippy. Some adjustable straps
          top off the poles. The straps can be removed by taking the locking

          As mention

          ### EDIT: mentioned

          earlier the grips are still in good shape. My only
          complaint about the poles is that the grips are a bit narrow for my
          liking. Wearing gloves helps a bit, but I am a very warm-blooded
          hiker and lose the gloves every chance I get to help keep me cool, as
          can be seen in the picture below taken near Mount Shasta in
          California.
        • rayestrella1
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 13, 2007
            Thank you Ted,

            I have made all changes and will upload right now.

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 14, 2007
              HAve you also completed your first two Owner Reviews? I'm not
              recalling any Bob's recently and without your last name it makes it
              even more difficult.

              jamie d
              Edit Admin Manager