Re: Edit/Approval: Owner Review - Cocoon Pullover - Roger

  • rayestrella1
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2007
      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "richardglyon" <rlyon@...>
      wrote:

      > Ray,
      > Is the comment directed at listing anything except the MSRP? If so
      >(as you probably know) Backpacking Light almost always lists two
      > prices:

      Hi Roger,

      It has nothing to do with BackpackingLight. It is supposed to be
      Bozeman's MSRP not the retailer. I see that they are carried by
      ProLight and BPL. So I guess that it does not really have an MSRP as
      the pricing is being set by the dealers not Bozeman. As such it
      should really be listed as N/A, right?

      That is why I could not ubderstand the reference to BPL also.

      That is my take on it anyway.

      Ray
    • pamwyant
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2007
        My two cents worth:

        The MSRP is supposed to be the retail, not discounted price. It
        wouldn't be any different than if I found a product cheaper at
        WalMart than XYZ outfitters.

        That said, I will probably have a problem on my FireLite stove review
        too. Does Backpackinglight contract with FireLite on that or is that
        just a model name they have developed? It says it is exclusive. I
        also noted Coleen Porter had used them as the manufacturer in her
        review of the stove. Of course, there are also FireLite spoons
        available for sale many other places.

        I am confused.

        Pam