Re: Edit/Approval: Owner Review - Cocoon Pullover - Roger

  • richardglyon
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2007
      Ray,
      Is the comment directed at listing anything except the MSRP? If so (as
      you probably know) Backpacking Light almost always lists two prices:
      price to the general public and price to BPL members. It's more like
      two MSRPs than "discounts available;" the discount isn't negotuiable
      and isn't free as BPL charges an annual membership fee. I think the
      most accurate way to report would be along the lines of "MSRP: $ xx US
      for general public, $ yy US for BPL subscribers." I'm working on an OR
      for a BPL item so I have more than an academic interest in this.
      Richard
      <rayestrella@...> wrote:

      > Hi Roger,
      >

      > ***3 This is the 'public' RRP; discounts are available to
      subscribers
      > to BackpackingLight.
      >
      > Comment: I thought this was a no-no.

    • rayestrella1
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2007
        --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "richardglyon" <rlyon@...>
        wrote:

        > Ray,
        > Is the comment directed at listing anything except the MSRP? If so
        >(as you probably know) Backpacking Light almost always lists two
        > prices:

        Hi Roger,

        It has nothing to do with BackpackingLight. It is supposed to be
        Bozeman's MSRP not the retailer. I see that they are carried by
        ProLight and BPL. So I guess that it does not really have an MSRP as
        the pricing is being set by the dealers not Bozeman. As such it
        should really be listed as N/A, right?

        That is why I could not ubderstand the reference to BPL also.

        That is my take on it anyway.

        Ray
      • pamwyant
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2007
          My two cents worth:

          The MSRP is supposed to be the retail, not discounted price. It
          wouldn't be any different than if I found a product cheaper at
          WalMart than XYZ outfitters.

          That said, I will probably have a problem on my FireLite stove review
          too. Does Backpackinglight contract with FireLite on that or is that
          just a model name they have developed? It says it is exclusive. I
          also noted Coleen Porter had used them as the manufacturer in her
          review of the stove. Of course, there are also FireLite spoons
          available for sale many other places.

          I am confused.

          Pam