Thank you Pam W.- Re: Owner Review: FireLite Titanium Esbit Wing Stove

    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2007

      reviews before submission.

      Moderator.

      will use APPROVED in the subject line.

      the list or contact me directly.

      Edit Administration Manager
    • rayestrella1
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2007
        Hi Pam,

        Thanks for the review for the call. This is a stove? Just kidding.
        Colleen showed me hers. I thought it was a three person folding
        toothpick…

        Edits follow. You can put it here;

        http://tinyurl.com/2xy27l

        Ray

        ***Manufacturer: BackpackingLight.com

        EDIT: OK, this took some digging. The actual company is Backpacking
        Light, backpackinglight.com is the online presence. The works seems
        to be owned by Beartooth Mountain Press, or is it just the publisher?
        FireLite seems to be a house brand. I would say go with "Backpacking
        Light". (Whew…)

        ***Manufacturer Website: www.backpackinglight.com

        EDIT: this link is trying to go to a defunct OR on the BGT site

        ***Stated weight: 0.38 oz (11 g)
        ***Measured weight: 0.4 oz (11 g)

        Edit: since you are dealing with an item made for and by you gram
        weenies ;-) I have no problem with you using the more accurate 10.8
        and 11.3 g numbers. Your people will like it better…

        ***which changes the vertically oriented 'pot holder' part of the leg
        into the horizontally oriented segment that fits flat under the
        tablet holder.

        EDIT: I am seeing an extra space before segment in the HTML

        ***This configuration is designed to allow the stove to be allowed
        with different sized cups and pots.

        EDIT: "used" with different sized cups…

        I have used the FireLite stove with FireLite 14 g size solid fuel
        tablets.

        EDIT: conversion? (0.48 oz)

        ***Originally I was interested in using it with a pot I made from a
        Foster's beer can, but I found the shape of the stove and the shape
        of the beer can did not get along. This was disappointing to me
        since…

        Comment: …I was looking forward to drinking lots of Fosters in the
        interest of cooking. (He he)

        ***The stove does seem optimally configured to keep the fuel tablet
        at the right distance from the bottom of the pot, based on the fact
        that one tablet

        Edit: I am seeing an extra space at "the fact"

        ***Usually it takes from 4-7 minutes to boil a potful of water,

        Edit: pot full

        ***This prevents a lot of residue from being left on the stove

        Edit: I see an extra space after "of"
      • pamwyant
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 4, 2007
          Thanks Ray. I made all the corrections and got it uploaded.

          <rayestrella@...> wrote:

          > Hi Pam,
          >
          > Thanks for the review for the call. This is a stove? Just kidding.
          > Colleen showed me hers. I thought it was a three person folding
          > toothpick…

          Yep, we gram weenies will try to cook on anything as long as it is
          ultra light. If those darn wooden toothpicks wouldn't catch on fire so
          easily we'd be all set.

          <grin>

          Pam