Thank you Ray - Re: OR - REI Ti Ware Spoon Ray Estrella

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2007

      reviews before submission.

      Moderator.

      will use APPROVED in the subject line.

      the list or contact me directly.

      Edit Administration Manager
    • pamwyant
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2007
        Hi Ray, I had to look really hard to find anything to comment on as
        far as what you wrote.

        > I used it on a four-day 84 mile (135 km) trip in Kings Canyon
        > National Park. Elevations were from 5100' to 12300' (1554 to 3749
        m)

        ### Comment: Tiny nit - you could round the elevations to the
        nearest 100 meters, similar to the rounding used for the elevation in
        feet. This is optional and entirely up to you.

        Now, you asked for suggestions of things to add/lengthen the report.

        The only things that come to mind as I read the report is whether the
        spoon transfers a lot of heat from hot food due to the transfer
        properties of titanium. (A friend of mine burnt her lip on a Ti
        Spork eating food that was hot). Does the handle get too hot if food
        needs stirred a lot? (Assuming you do any real cooking - I don't!)
        Equally, is it uncomfortably cold to hold the handle in freezing
        weather?

        Is the bowl very deep? Does it work as well for soup as for pasta
        dishes? Does the angled design make it difficult to eat some foods
        or use in some containers?

        Is it easy to pack? Where do you store it? I don't imagine it fits
        inside pots (of course if a spoon fits inside the pot, it probably is
        too short to effectively eat out of that pot).

        Is it useful for anything else? Emergency trowel, tent stake, etc.

        That's all that comes to mind. If you want to add anything feel
        free, if not you are cleared for upload:

        http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Cook%20Gear/Utensils/REI%20Ti%
        20Ware%20Long-Handle%20Spoon/

        BTW, I thought you were Joker, not Batman. <grin>
      • pamwyant
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2007
          Oops. I forgot the proper title earlier.

          Pam

          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "pamwyant" <pamwyant@...>
          wrote:

          > Hi Ray, I had to look really hard to find anything to comment on
          as
          > far as what you wrote.
          >
          > > I used it on a four-day 84 mile (135 km) trip in Kings Canyon
          > > National Park. Elevations were from 5100' to 12300' (1554 to 3749
          > m)
          >
          > ### Comment: Tiny nit - you could round the elevations to the
          > nearest 100 meters, similar to the rounding used for the elevation
          in
          > feet. This is optional and entirely up to you.
          >
          > Now, you asked for suggestions of things to add/lengthen the report.
          >
          > The only things that come to mind as I read the report is whether
          the
          > spoon transfers a lot of heat from hot food due to the transfer
          > properties of titanium. (A friend of mine burnt her lip on a Ti
          > Spork eating food that was hot). Does the handle get too hot if
          food
          > needs stirred a lot? (Assuming you do any real cooking - I
          don't!)
          > Equally, is it uncomfortably cold to hold the handle in freezing
          > weather?
          >
          > Is the bowl very deep? Does it work as well for soup as for pasta
          > dishes? Does the angled design make it difficult to eat some foods
          > or use in some containers?
          >
          > Is it easy to pack? Where do you store it? I don't imagine it
          fits
          > inside pots (of course if a spoon fits inside the pot, it probably
          is
          > too short to effectively eat out of that pot).
          >
          > Is it useful for anything else? Emergency trowel, tent stake, etc.
          >
          > That's all that comes to mind. If you want to add anything feel
          > free, if not you are cleared for upload:
          >
          > http://www.backpackgeartest.org/reviews/Cook%20Gear/Utensils/REI%
          20Ti%
          > 20Ware%20Long-Handle%20Spoon/
          >
          > BTW, I thought you were Joker, not Batman. <grin>

        • rayestrella1
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 4, 2007
            Hi Pam,

            Thanks for the edits. I added a few paragraphs along the lines you
            suggested. Good call. I rounded off the numbers some too.

            Ray
          • pamwyant
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 4, 2007
              Looks great Ray. I like the info you added.

              Pam