Re: Edit/Approval: OR - Nalgene 32 ounce loop-top bottle - Sheila

  • S
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 4, 2007
      Hi Ray,

      I saw that the previous reviews were mixed on which manufacturer name they used. Is
      Thermo Fisher the decided upon name? I only ask because of the Therm-a-Rest vs Cascade
      dealie. Just writing Fisher makes me think of laboratory glassware, that's why I chose to put
      Nalge Nunc, Fisher's outdoor company. I haven't made the edits yet, but will upload it with
      Fisher. I just wanted to check that that's the manufacturer name we'll all be putting.

      Thanks,

      Sheila

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "rayestrella1" <rayestrella@...> wrote:

      > ***Manufacturer: Nalge Nunc International Corporation
      >
      > EDIT: actually it is Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
    • S
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 4, 2007
        Thanks for your edits, Ray! My OR is uploaded here: http://tinyurl.com/33cggs

        I took out the word Lexan, but I am confused by your edit. My bottle is not an HDPE bottle,
        it's made of polycarbonate, and in particular, Lexan polycarbonate. In the past I've used
        specific trademarked names for materials and components of products (off the top of my
        head a good example would be YKK zippers.) Should I not use trademarked names as a part
        of a review of another product?

        Sheila

        > ***The bottle is made of hard Lexan polycarbonate.
        >
        > EDIT: again according to the web site the bottles are listed as being
        > made of polycarbonate. LEXAN is GE's trademark name for their
        > polycarbonate, and is used in some of Nalc's other lab bottles.
      • rayestrella1
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 4, 2007
          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "S" <geosheila@...> wrote:

          > I took out the word Lexan, but I am confused by your edit. My
          bottle is not an HDPE bottle,

          Hi Sheila,

          Sorry to take so long to reply. I have been in an airplane all day. I
          made the edits during a lay-over.

          Fisher is the main company, just like Cascade Designs is for all of
          its brands, and Spectrum is for all of thiers. We have been asked to
          list the main name but can link to the individual websites.

          Yes, your bottle is polycabonate. They list it as PC, not LEXAN. If
          you look at the other products they make they have some that are
          listed as being made of LEXAN. They are both the same material but
          LEXAN is GE's trademark name for it. You would have to ask Nalgene
          why some items are just pc and others LEXAN. I just go by what I read
          from the manufacturer. Their sites are pretty hard to find info in as
          you noticed with the weight.

          Ray
        • S
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 4, 2007
            Oh okay, thanks Ray. I may have made a mistake in my upload then. When I changed the
            manufacturer, I also changed the website to thermofisher.com. Should I delete that and use
            nalgene-outdoors.com?

            Thanks for your help on this one.

            Sheila
          • rayestrella1
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 4, 2007
              --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "S" <geosheila@...> wrote:

              > Oh okay, thanks Ray. I may have made a mistake in my upload then.
              When I changed the
              > manufacturer, I also changed the website to thermofisher.com. Should
              I delete that and use
              > nalgene-outdoors.com?
              >
              > Thanks for your help on this one.

              Anytime,

              It does not matter too much. The main site will get you there with a
              bit of work. Personally I would use nalgene-outdoors.com