Re: OR - Nalgene 32 ounce loop-top bottle - Sheila

  • rayestrella1
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 4 7:54 AM
      Hi Sheila,

      Thanks for the Owner Review. I have a few edits after which you can
      place it here;

      http://tinyurl.com/yoalry

      Ray

      ***Manufacturer: Nalge Nunc International Corporation

      EDIT: actually it is Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.

      ***Listed Weight: N/A

      EDIT: according to the website the weight is 0.33 lb

      ***The bottle is made of hard Lexan polycarbonate.

      EDIT: again according to the web site the bottles are listed as being
      made of polycarbonate. LEXAN is GE's trademark name for their
      polycarbonate, and is used in some of Nalc's other lab bottles.

      ***The screw-on lid is permanently attached to the bottle by a piece
      of flexible plastic that also wraps around neck of the bottle.

      Edit: as they sell replacement caps it may be better to leave
      out "permanently"
    • rayestrella1

        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 4 1:56 PM
          Hi Ray,

          I saw that the previous reviews were mixed on which manufacturer name they used. Is
          Thermo Fisher the decided upon name? I only ask because of the Therm-a-Rest vs Cascade
          dealie. Just writing Fisher makes me think of laboratory glassware, that's why I chose to put
          Nalge Nunc, Fisher's outdoor company. I haven't made the edits yet, but will upload it with
          Fisher. I just wanted to check that that's the manufacturer name we'll all be putting.

          Thanks,

          Sheila

          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 4 2:21 PM
            Thanks for your edits, Ray! My OR is uploaded here: http://tinyurl.com/33cggs

            I took out the word Lexan, but I am confused by your edit. My bottle is not an HDPE bottle,
            it's made of polycarbonate, and in particular, Lexan polycarbonate. In the past I've used
            specific trademarked names for materials and components of products (off the top of my
            head a good example would be YKK zippers.) Should I not use trademarked names as a part
            of a review of another product?

            Sheila

            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 4 3:46 PM
              --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "S" <geosheila@...> wrote:

              > I took out the word Lexan, but I am confused by your edit. My
              bottle is not an HDPE bottle,

              Hi Sheila,

              Sorry to take so long to reply. I have been in an airplane all day. I
              made the edits during a lay-over.

              Fisher is the main company, just like Cascade Designs is for all of
              its brands, and Spectrum is for all of thiers. We have been asked to
              list the main name but can link to the individual websites.

              Yes, your bottle is polycabonate. They list it as PC, not LEXAN. If
              you look at the other products they make they have some that are
              listed as being made of LEXAN. They are both the same material but
              LEXAN is GE's trademark name for it. You would have to ask Nalgene
              why some items are just pc and others LEXAN. I just go by what I read
              from the manufacturer. Their sites are pretty hard to find info in as
              you noticed with the weight.

              Ray
            • S
              Message 6 of 9 , Sep 4 6:45 PM
                Oh okay, thanks Ray. I may have made a mistake in my upload then. When I changed the
                manufacturer, I also changed the website to thermofisher.com. Should I delete that and use
                nalgene-outdoors.com?

                Thanks for your help on this one.

                Sheila
              • rayestrella1
                Message 7 of 9 , Sep 4 7:59 PM
                  --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "S" <geosheila@...> wrote:

                  > Oh okay, thanks Ray. I may have made a mistake in my upload then.
                  When I changed the
                  > manufacturer, I also changed the website to thermofisher.com. Should
                  I delete that and use
                  > nalgene-outdoors.com?
                  >
                  > Thanks for your help on this one.

                  Anytime,

                  It does not matter too much. The main site will get you there with a
                  bit of work. Personally I would use nalgene-outdoors.com