Re: Attn: Cody C - re: MRS Hubba Hubba OR on BGT

    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 28, 2007
      Hi Cody,

      THis is not your answer but I want to let you know we have another
      (yes another) bgt group that is for just this kind of stuff.

      You may get an answer here, we have very html savvy people here, but
      you will have better luck over on BGTFileUploadHelp.

      I hope you get it worked out. It doesn a bit screwy!! :)

      jamie d

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "graelb" <graelb@...> wrote:

      > Ok, i'm going to just throw this out there, and see what happens...
      >
      > I need help.
      > The problem, is that when I upload an html file, the code gets
      changed
      > around a bit, and i'm not sure why.
      >
      > The code in the file on my computer reads:
      >
      > Manufacturer: Mountain Safety Research (MSR)<br />
      > Year of Manufacture: Unknown, probably 2005<br />
      </a><br />
      > Listed weight (As taken from the MSR webpage):<br />
      >

      > BUT! the code on BGT, once it's been uploaded, reads:
      >
      > Manufacturer: Mountain Safety Research (MSR)<br>
      > Year of Manufacture: Unknown, probably 2005<br>
      >
      > Listed weight (As taken from the MSR webpage):<br>
      >

      > So the question, in question... is why does it remove my href part
      of
      > the link? It changes my <a href = blahablah> blahblah</a> to a
      > <a>blahblah</a> and I'm not completely sure as to why. If you know,
      > let me know, because it's bothering me.

    • Roger Caffin
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 29, 2007
        Hi Cody

        > I need help.
        > The problem, is that when I upload an html file, the code gets changed
        > around a bit, and i'm not sure why.

        I am not sure whether you put this with a cut&paste or type it new.
        However, assuming cut & paste, I suggest you remove the space characters
        around the = sign. They usually act as terminators in this sort of tag,
        making it non-compliant. Since it is non-compliant, the BGT filter simply
        strips the whole <a> tag out.

        This is a common bug.

        Cheers
        Roger Caffin
        BGT Editor
      • graelb
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 29, 2007
          Ahhah! thank you Roger! It worked. It is now working correctly, with
          the msrcorp link working. Thanks for the help! =D