Edit/Approval: Owner Review- Nalgene N-Gen Bottle- Ralph Ditton

  • rayestrella1
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 11, 2007
      Hi Ralph,

      Thanks for answering the call this month, and for putting the HTML
      version up right away. Very good job. I have a couple edits for you,
      then you can put it here;

      http://tinyurl.com/299xsm

      Ray

      ***Manufacturer: Nalge Nunc International Corporation

      EDIT: actually they are a part of "Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc"

      ***The bottle is made from a Polycarbonate/Lexan material whose
      symbol is PC.

      Edit: where are you coming up with Lexan? The web site only mentions
      polycarbonate, and I can't find it on any of the older style bottles
      I have here. (In MN right now)

      ***which the manufacturer claims that it is for easy gripping.

      Edit: you should either delete "that it" or delete "which" and start
      a new sentence with "The manufacturer claims that it is for easy
      gripping."

      ***I have undertaken since the purchase the bottle has accompanied me
      on thirteen days and nine nights broken down to six separate trips.

      EDIT: that is very awkward. Maybe delete "I have undertaken" and just
      start with "Since"

      ***I enclosed it in a clip lock bag for extra protection, but I now
      consider this an overkill

      EDIT: delete "an". "I now consider this overkill", or "I now consider
      this to be overkill"

      ***The opening of the bottle is large enough and deep enough

      EDIT: you have an extra space after "enough"

      ***I then fill it up with water to drink.

      EDIT: same thing after "it"
    • Ralph Ditton
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 11, 2007
        Hey Ray,

        Thanks for the edits. Yeah, on second reading some of the sentences are
        awkward.

        My brochure from the camping shop on Nalgene has Nalge Nunc International
        Corporation as the registered owner of Nalgene. Their address is 75 Panorama
        Creek Drive, Rochester, New York 14625. From the web site, I was of the
        impression that Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc was the research/scientific
        arm. Have you got anything which clarifies it?

        On the Specifications and Care> Materials Technical Data it gives a
        breakdown of the materials used and the common symbols.

        See: http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/technical/materials/index.html

        I will await your clarification on the manufacturer Ray.

        Thanks

        Ralph

        _____

        http://tinyurl. <http://tinyurl.com/299xsm> com/299xsm

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 11, 2007
          --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Ditton"
          <rdassetts@...> wrote:

          Hi Ralph,

          > Have you got anything which clarifies it?

          Look at the top of the page, right hand side, that you linked to.
          That is where I got it.

          > On the Specifications and Care> Materials Technical Data it gives a
          > breakdown of the materials used and the common symbols.
          >
          > See: http://www.nalgene-outdoor.com/technical/materials/index.html
          >
          > I will await your clarification on the manufacturer Ray.

          Their clear jars (other products) say that they are made from Lexan,
          the bottles do not.

          You can post whenever you want. I am going to be gone for the next
          week. Editing will be far from my mind.

          Ray
        • rayestrella1
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 11, 2007
            LEXAN is a registered trademark for General Electric's brand of
            polycarbonate