Re: I am new to this. How do I get started

  • rayestrella1
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2007
      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, "justinallenking"
      <justinallenking@...> wrote:

      > I am new to BackpackGearTest.
      > I look forward to beginning this process

      Hi Justin,

      The first thing you should do is read this;

      You need to also read this, (and yes, all of it);

      http://www.backpackgeartest.org/requirements.php

      Take the time to browse through the reviews and reports that are on
      the site. These will give you a very good idea of what is expected
      and needed in your review.

      Now pick a non-technical item for your first review. It should be
      something that you have a lot of experience with and is still
      currently made and available. This is very important so as not to
      waste your time. I have half a garage full of outdated stuff I can't
      write about. And trust me I would if I could.

      If you feel that you need help getting started a helpful tool is the
      Mentoring Program that teams new reviewers with experienced veterans
      to help get them through their first review(s). If you'd like more
      assistance or guidance with the process you can request a mentor by
      sending an email to the mentor coordinator, Jennifer Koles, at
      mentor@...

      Welcome to BackpackGearTest (BGT). I will look forward to your future
      reviews.