Re: [BackpackGearTest] Re: OWNER REVIEW REPEL 100 insect repellent MIKE J. DAURIO JR.

  • Tim D. Williamson
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 7, 2007
      Topo maps can be found at TopoZone.com and Terraserver:

      http://www.topozone.com/
      http://www.terraserver-usa.com/default.aspx

      You can use Google Maps, Mapquest and Yahoo Maps to find the latitude and longitude off of satellite photos. Plug these into the sites above and you can get altitudes.

      There's also Earthtools:

      http://www.earthtools.org/

      Tim D. Williamson -- timdwilliamson |at| yahoo |dot| com
      Artist, Gardener, Astronomer, Handyman, Chef,
      Wandering Guru, Soothsayer, & Purveyor of Obscure Trivia

      --- In BackpackGearTest@yahoogroups.com, mikejr232323@... wrote:
      > Maybe you can help out a newbie on this... I never make mention of
      > elevation. I haven't backpacked in the mountains (yet) and I use
      > the same destinations for my OR's but how do I find the elevations
      > for these places?

      http://searchmarketing.yahoo.com/
    • chcoa
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 10, 2007

        reviews before submission.

        Moderator.

        will use APPROVED in the subject line.

        the list or contact me directly.

        Edit Administration Manager
      • rayestrella1
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 10, 2007
          Hi Mike,

          Thank you for your Owner Review, your initial edits will follow. They
          will take the following format;

          EDIT: must be changed

          When you have made the changes please repost here with REPOST added
          to the subject line. You can put the HTML version in the Test Folders
          too. Give me a link to it please.

          Ray

          ***Manufacturer: REPEL

          EDIT: actually it is from Spectrum Brands Inc.

          ***Manufacturer's Website: www.repel.com/ProductCategories/Insectrepel

          EDIT: this needs to be the top level URL, just www.repel.com

          ***MSRP: US$ 3.99

          EDIT: where are you getting the MSRP? I do not see it from the
          manufacturer. If not from them it should just be listed as N/A

          ***Other details: Fluid volume is 1 oz (29ml)

          EDIT: need a space at 29 ml

          ***It is contained in a 1 fl oz (29ml) pump spray bottle

          EDIT: same thing

          ***and approximately 3 in (8cm) high .

          EDIT: need a space at 8 cm

          ***Apply all over exposed skin to repel misquotes, ticks, and biting
          flies.

          EDIT: while I hate "misquotes" I hate "mosquitoes" even more. I think
          this is what you meant to write.

          ***I do not fertilize my lawn, garden and also do not

          Edit: lawn "and" garden

          ***I purchased this product on before my trip to Thailand in 2005.

          EDIT: delete "on"

          ***When traveling to Thailand it is recommended to bring 100% DEET
          spray
          as the strains of malaria are resistant to the vaccines and
          preventative medications.

          Edit: delete "the" before vaccines

          ***So its better to not get bit.

          EDIT: it's or it is

          ***The smell is a pungent aroma of a typical bugspray just magnified.

          EDIT: bug spray

          ***My hike started in a 80 degree F ( 27 C) sunny clearing.

          EDIT: delete space at (27 C)

          ***I dug out the repel 100 and sprayed myself on my body

          EDIT: Repel 100

          ***WHen I got up around 5 AM the next morning

          EDIT: When